[Request] Gigabyte G5 KC Bios Unlock/ Mod

@Sweet_Kitten and how can i do it that its work ?

There’s little to do with the NVIDIA graphics in BIOS Setup part.
I think you need to install a compatible video BIOS with higher TDP (search it on techpowerup) using nvflash program.

Im sorry, but I don’t know. Something prevents it from proper work everytime. Have you tried the today’s update?

@Sweet_Kitten which update today ?

When I quote my posted files, it means I made an improvement for it and uploaded again.

ok i used the new one same error @Sweet_Kitten

So, there must be a problem connected with UEFIPatch program if it doesn’t work for you.

I have another script to be ran outside Windows.
Naxxly.zip (413.1 KB)
You need to copy the files on a FAT-formatted flash drive and then boot from it. It will not unlock BIOS. It is intended to help you accessing virtualization and security device feature. Please, don’t expect it to work properly as it is also experimental.

@Sweet_Kitten

Alright, thank you for the picture. I see that I had to set load from file system, not the fv.
Here you go:
Naxxly~2.zip
Still don’t know if it’d be of any use when loaded.

@Sweet_Kitten there are two option gd and gd which should i use ?

It’s hard to say because I don’t actually know what this program loaded for you. Can I have a picture?

@Sweet_Kitten

Although a different browser loaded successfully, your BIOS used the genuine one anyways.

Op LoadFromFS
SetupBrowser.efi
Op Exec
Op LoadFromFS
DisplayEngine.efi
Op Exec

Because their IDs are different, new didn’t replace the other one?

The process went in a strange way, not as I expected. So, nothing really useful appeared.

But it’s a step further! There will be a third archive. Be patient.

Naxxly~3.zip (412.9 KB)
2 more items should appear. Don’t know if they’d have own logo images.

Hello Sweet_Kitten, i backed up my bios using BACKUP_Tools20h2.exe.
My Device is Gigabyte G5 GD, i5-11400H, RTX3050, bios version is FB10.

Please help me unlock my bios, thank you.

Hello.
I offered the automatic solution to community not too long ago. It is still available. Post #224.
It is simple in usage as clicking start.

i tried “Gigabyte G5 (RTX 30 Series & Intel 11th Gen & Intel 12th Gen & 2023)_MOD.zip”
Opened START.bat, got error:
“Error 621: Unsupported hardware platform. HW: Tigerlake Platform. Supported HW: Cometlake Platform”
i ignore it and let it run, after a while it says:
“FAIL!!! Already patched or no applicable patterns found.”
i came back and read the discussion and found that @Naxxly have the same problem as me, so i tried to boot Naxxly~3.zip
i got to the boot options just like Naxxly:
G5 GD
G5 GD (list of something i don’t remember)
Device Manager
both boot option show the same:

My OS is Windows 11 update latest

BTW, i tried to run the bat in WinPE

probably just WinPE missing dependencies tho.

Form browser doesn’t seem to accept any other entry than EFI_IFR_GUID_OP. Values for this opcode are vendor specific. On top of that, I don’t know how to obtain them. Those boot options led you back to shell screen because no related forms were found.

Got to figure out a way to use the custom browser. I will stop working on idea of bootable app modding for a while.

No need to try the third app version anymore, @Naxxly. It’s a failure.

I suspect it crashed on file saving. Do you have some other WinPE?

Thanks for replying, unfortunately i do not have other WinPE. So i guess i will have to wait until you figure out how to proceed? Or if you’d like to interact in real time, i have Discord:
AugustinGamarra#2762 and you can Remote View or something like that. I’m usually available at 18:00 GMT+7

It’s unlikely to happen in the near future. Having an only smartphone as primary device remote view is not a good idea. The screen is too small.

I’d suggest to try entering the command from your last screenshot manually and see if UEFIPatch generate a modified file.
I’ll send you a Discord message what else could be done. This thread getting floody.