[Request] HP prodesk 600 G2 bios mod for coffee Lake CPUs

hey,
I have a HP prodesk 600 G2 which im trying to bios mod for cfl cpus but im having issues ,
coffeetime v0.92 does not show cpu uCodes and throws up this error “Could not Rebuild Fit Table” and version 0.85 just crashes on startup.
I did some searching but couldn’t find a fix myself ,i tried these:
UBU throws up this error “Unknown platform BIOS”
UEFItool NE alpha can find the FIT table but I didn’t understand how can I fix the issue (on overclockers.ru someone mentioned that fit table pointers needs to be fixed but I couldn’t get my head around to do that.)

here is a dump of bios flash chip:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oip5jQf…iew?usp=sharing

the bios chip is : MXIC MX25L12873F

right now i want to test an i5-8400 with this system and ant to also maintain skylake kabylake support if possible.

bump

ProDesk 600 G2 Small Form Factor PC 02.51 Rev.A (Nov 6, 2020)
ProDesk 600 G2 Microtower PC 02.51 Rev.A (Nov 6, 2020)
ProDesk 600 G2 Desktop Mini PC 02.52 Rev.A (Jan 8, 2021)
and which Cpu exactly?

Updating management engine firmware also recommended,
Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools

As rule of thumb,keep your OS,apps,bios and drivers updated

my system is a hp prodesk 600 g2 sff sorry for not clarifying.
right no im trying to add support for an i5-8400 that i have on hand (chip is sr3qt so 906EA uCode) but even more ucodes would be good but from what i understood taking a look in the bios there is not much space .
if i could have something like a base modded bios so i can manually swap ucodes that would be the best.

up

Did you ever get one working? Wondering if these can even be done cos they seem plentifiul on eBay

@Methanoid The HP ProDesk G2 series only have BIOS support for Skylake (6th gen) and were never updated for Kaby Lake (7th gen) support.

The BIOS must have Kaby Lake support for successful modifcation to support Coffee Lake (8th & 9th gen) so the answer is no, it will never work (you can’t just swap/insert microcodes).

A good alternative are the Lenovo M700/M900 minis. It’s the same Skylake gen, but significant work was done to get Coffee Lake to boot. There are some mentions on this forum but a good summary is:

1 Like

Thanks, yeah I was actually looking at slightly different models (there are SOOOOO many) and these come with i3-7100 and wondering if I could mod them to put i5-8500s in