[Request} Lenovo Legion windows 8.1 l2c hid touchpad driver

Hello! I have installed windows 8.1 on my lenovo legion 15imh05h laptop and everything essential works except the touchpad. In device manager, in windows 11, i see an intel serial io l2c controller 06e9 to which the touchpad is connected. In windows 8.1, i see intel lpss l2c controller 06e9 but the touchpad isn’t there. My device ids are PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06E9&SUBSYS_380417AA&REV_00. I also have an unknown device called “pci simple communications controller” with ids PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06E0&SUBSYS_380B17AA&REV_00 if that helps in some way. I have tried forcing the win 10 drivers and they don’t work, I also tried some other modded serial io drivers that were suggested, by adding my dev ids in there and forcing them to install but no luck. @Fernando do you think you could help?

@Luka
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum! I am sorry for the late reply, but I haven’t seen your post before.

The unknown device named “PCI simple Communications Controller” is the “Intel(R) Management Engine Interface” (MEI) and has nothing to do with the touchpad. You can get rid of the “unknown device” message within the Device Manager and correct support of it by installing the Intel MEI HECI driver (latest version: 2306.4.3.0 dated 02/08/2023).

Regarding the touchpad driver for Win8.1 I cannot help you. I only have found a Win10 driver for your on-board Intel Serial IO I2C device and suspect, that it will not be enough to add the missing Win8.1 support within the related *.INF file. You should better ask Lenovo for a suitable Win8.1 driver.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

A post was split to a new topic: [Request] Guide for Changing the BIOS Boot Logo