[Request] Memory stick affected by flashing a modded BIOS?

Hi Lost_N_BIOS,

I got a nvme modification on my Asus P8P67 pro recently. I have installed win10 on it and work seemed without issue for I find that one dual channel of my ram device does not work, I have checked that there will be only one dual channel of ram work at anytime instead of two when even all four ram slots have be installed with ram modules. Do you think if this mod bios affects the operation of ram bus. Attached is the mod bios I made for your reference. I added also the SLIC modual in it. Thank you very much. 謝謝您。

EDIT by Fernando: This report had been natively posted into the “UBU Discussion Thread” and has been moved into this separate thread, because it has nothing to do with the UBU tool.

P8P67-PRO-ASUS-3602-NVME Dell SLIC.zip (3.05 MB)

@maximtam

Offtop. Your message does not match this topic.

@maximtam :
Since I don’t think, that your BIOS modification has anything to do with your current RAM problem, I recommend to check your memory sticks by using one of the related hardware diagnostic tools.

@Lost_N_BIOS :
Can you check the modded BIOS as requested by maximtam?
Thanks!

Hi Femando,
Thanks for your reply. I have checked all ram slots work individually or work at the same dual channel.

@maximtam :
And what about your previously reported RAM problems?

Problem fall on the same mb. I have this check on last Sunday and report the finding above.謝謝您

@maximtam - Is all memory same model? If not, is all memory same size? Is all memory single or dual sided? How exactly are you seeing that one set being ran at dual channel and the other set is not dual channel?
I don’t think that is possible to do, nor would it be possible to check and see if such a thing was happening. I have to assume maybe there is some translation error here, can you explain your memory issue again differently, and or show images of what you mean. Thanks!

If you are simply “Missing Memory” as in only total amount is half shown in task manager available memory, then you may need to lower ram speed or timings, raise Vtt voltage, or check CPU socket pins and be sure (100% sure) there are no bent pins. Bent CPU socket pins in the #1 cause of missing memory, if you can’t be sure please upload several images of the socket pins from different angles and I will check for you. Please do not use flash, take them in a brightly lit room, and take them from the sides at an angle, not straight above the sockets

NVME mod looks OK to me & while I don’t do SLIC mods, or know how to 100% check that correctly, the Dell SLIC 2.2 looks OK as far as I can tell

Hi Lost_N_BIOS,
Thanks for your reply soon.
I used these four ram sticks for couple of years with no problem, actually I don’t know when exactly this problem was occurred until I found it on the date I check the result in the bios after flashing the NVMe mod. All four modules come from two sets of dual channel couple, same brand, same model and same size of each 4G. The tests I took were list below for your reference
1. insert the same ram stick to each ram slot and check one by one, all work
2. insert the same couple set to each dual channel slots one by one, 8G ram has been read.
3. insert the same couple set to channel A1 and channel B1 slots, only 4G ram has been read
4. insert the same couple set to channel A2 and channel B2 slots, only 4G ram has been read
5. insert all ram sticks to all slots, only 8G ram has been read
6. insert the four ram sticks one by one in the same slot, all work
That finish my tests. Would you advice me what to do afterward? Thanks a lot. 謝謝您。

Where are you seeing only 4GB has been read, I mean, how are you checking this, show me or tell me.

This issue may have always be happening, and you didn’t notice it until now? Can you say that might be true, or not and you’re sure it all worked before and you know you checked same way you are now? Did you check CPU socket pins, if yes please send me some images to confirm.

Sounds like all sticks work, and all slots work OK. This is 4x4GB kit (Total I mean)? Did you before, ever, set Vtt voltage? If yes, and you reflashed BIOS you need to set again, this usually required for 4x4GB as it’s harder on the memory controller.

This NVME Mod BIOS, was it the same BIOS version you were using before, just added NVME Mod, or did you at that same time also update to a newer BIOS version? If you updated to a newer BIOS version, then you may need to adjust settings again, differently than before, not all BIOS are the same.
Also, if you did update BIOS version, while doing the NVME mod, you can test going back to older BIOS version you used before but NVME Mod it now too instead, and see if same happens or not.

Hi Lost_N_Bios,
It should not be bios problem, I checked to flash it the previous bios and result the same.
I used to replace the CPU to the one G860, the result is strange, system is not working when insert ram on A1 or A2 slot.
Maxim