[REQUEST] Memory works on older BIOS not on newer Asus Maximus XI Hero (WIFI)

Stumbled on this page a couple of years ago and it is perfect for a lot of things people struggle with.

I’m not bad with computers but modding a BIOS is not something I’m going to try to be honest.

My problem is:

I have an Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-fi) Motherboard with a i9 9900K (5 Ghz all-core @ 1,29v quite a good sample).

Bought some faster memory (Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16) for this board and this was some time ago and without any problem I could set XMP and everything worked like a charm.
I was at the time at BIOS version 1502 or 1602 if I remember correctly and that was flawless with the memory.
From 1703 and up I’m running into a problem with this BIOS…
I have even set defaults and only set XMP and after 4 times of training memory I get a postcode of 71 or 40. When I then hit the reset switch it trains once again and works… Always…

Have had contact with Asus about this strange problem and the only thing they can tell me is: Not on QVL so no support…
That’s quite annoying while it was working before with other BIOS versions but now it’s not working anymore (or well… Half working now)

I’m not sure if it’s possible to extract the memory training profiles from the older BIOS version and put them in the latest one (1903).

Normally I would read everything and do it myself but in this case I’m not going to try this. Costs me a lot of energy to do it correctly and I’m very ill at the moment with no positive outcome in the end unfortunately…

If someone is sure to make a BIOS version for this board that works with my memory that worked in 1602 I would be very grateful for that.
Shame Asus just does not listen or do something with / about it.

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero (WI-FI)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16-16GTZRC (Got 4 of them but with 4 it’s even a bigger problem… With 2 it works with the reset)

More info on memory:

DRAM manufacturer SK Hynix
16 GB per module
Dual Rank
XMP 2.0

CAS 16
RAS to CAS 19
RAS Precharge 19
tRAS 39
tRC 58

1.35V

If more information is needed please contact me.

Thank you very much,

Mark van Velsen
Netherlands
[email protected]