[Request] Mod Biostar TB250-BTC Pro BIOS

  • Current Stock BIOS Version B25DF222.BSS

  • Exact Feature Request: Enable Intel 8th/9th-gen CPU support (including XEON) and Resizable BAR to help turn old crypto motherboard into youth gaming/workstation pc

  • System Configuration Current: i7-7700, GPU AMD rx5700xt, RAM 16gb, Windows partition GPT

  • System Configuration Planned: i7-8700, GPU RTX a2000, RAM 32gb, Windows partition GPT

Thank you in advance.

Direct Bios Link:

https://www.biostar.com.tw/upload/Bios/B25DF222BSS.zip


Edit by Fernando: Thread title shortened (details are and should be within the initial post)

Run MEInfo from CSME System Tools 11 and post the output here.

Hello, Tried to run the program, but kept getting the following response:

“PMXdll.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error.”

Intel ME firmware version is 11.8.50.3425 via device manager

Here’s the extended system details from the Intel Management and Security Status app

System Information report written at: 09/17/25 16:14:38
System Name: DESKTOP-DI81ALQ
[Intel(R) ME - System Report (C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\SystemInformation.nfo)]

Item Value
Intel manageability system information Generated by IMSS at 9/17/2025 4:12 PM

[Host Information]

Item Value
Operating System Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Operating System Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621
System Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group
System Name DESKTOP-
System Model TB250-BTC PRO
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3.60 GHz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version American Megatrends Inc.5.12
LAN DeviceID NA
LAN Driver NA
WLAN DeviceID NA
WLAN Driver NA

[Intel(R) ME Information]

Item Value
ME Control Mode NA
Provisioning Mode NA
BIOS boot Post Boot
Last ME reset reason NA
System UUID NA
Local FWUpdate Enabled
Power Policy NA
Cryptography Support Disabled

[FW Capabilities]

Item Value
Intel(R) Capability Licensing Service Enabled
Intel(R) Dynamic Application Loader Enabled
Protect Audio Video Path Enabled

[Components Information]

Item Value
MEBx Version 0.0.0.0000
FW Version NA
LMS Version 11.0.6.1194
MEI Driver Version NA
MEI DeviceID NA
SOL Driver Version NA
SOL DeviceID NA

[Network information]

Item Value
LAN MAC Address NA
LAN Configuration state NA
LAN Link Status NA
LAN IPv4 Address NA
LAN IPv6 Enablement NA
WLAN MAC Address NA
WLAN Configuration state NA
WLAN Link Status NA
WLAN IPv4 Address NA
WLAN IPv6 Enablement NA

here, because there’s no MEInfo output (FPF state) provided, just get ready this mod will brick your system.

image

Let me check if I have a board with an older bios. Is this error on both the resizable bar and 8th/9th gen cpu?

Intel boot guard

Is it possible to avoid the possible brick by only enabling Resizable-bar instead of both?

Here is an older bios version from a different tb250-btc pro board.

B25DF517.BSS

https://www.biostar.com.tw/upload/Bios/B25DF517BSS.zip

You better do your own research first what does the Intel boot guard do, you will get the answer here from this forum.

I get it now, thanks. Bummer I can’t repurpose this equipment for the youth center.

I appreciate all your help and honesty before I load and possibly brick this.

Thank you.

I was able to get the MEInfo using Intel CSME System Tools v11 r30. Here’s the info:

Intel(R) MEInfo Version: 11.8.77.3665
Copyright(C) 2005 - 2019, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Intel(R) ME code versions:

BIOS Version 5.12
MEBx Version 0.0.0.0000
GbE Version Unknown
Vendor ID 8086
PCH Version 0
FW Version 11.8.50.3425 H
Security Version (SVN) 3
LMS Version 11.6.0.1023
MEI Driver Version 1914.12.0.1256
Wireless Hardware Version Not Available
Wireless Driver Version Not Available

FW Capabilities 0x31111140

    Intel(R) Capability Licensing Service - PRESENT/ENABLED
    Protect Audio Video Path - PRESENT/ENABLED
    Intel(R) Dynamic Application Loader - PRESENT/ENABLED
    Intel(R) Platform Trust Technology - PRESENT/ENABLED

Re-key needed False
Platform is re-key capable True
TLS Disabled
Last ME reset reason Power up
Local FWUpdate Enabled
BIOS Config Lock Enabled
GbE Config Lock Enabled
Host Read Access to ME Enabled
Host Write Access to ME Disabled
Host Read Access to EC Disabled
Host Write Access to EC Disabled
SPI Flash ID 1 C84017
SPI Flash ID 2 Unknown
BIOS boot State Post Boot
OEM ID 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
Capability Licensing Service Enabled
OEM Tag 0x00000000
Slot 1 Board Manufacturer 0x00000000
Slot 2 System Assembler 0x00000000
Slot 3 Reserved 0x00000000
M3 Autotest Disabled
C-link Status Disabled
Independent Firmware Recovery Disabled
EPID Group ID 0x1FF4
LSPCON Ports None
5K Ports None
OEM Public Key Hash FPF 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
OEM Public Key Hash ME 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
ACM SVN FPF 0x0
KM SVN FPF 0x0
BSMM SVN FPF 0x0
GuC Encryption Key FPF 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
GuC Encryption Key ME 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

                                         FPF                      ME
                                         ---                      --

Force Boot Guard ACM Disabled Disabled
Protect BIOS Environment Disabled Disabled
CPU Debugging Enabled Enabled
BSP Initialization Enabled Enabled
Measured Boot Disabled Disabled
Verified Boot Disabled Disabled
Key Manifest ID 0x0 0x0
Enforcement Policy 0x0 0x0
PTT Enabled Enabled
PTT Lockout Override Counter 0x0
EK Revoke State Revoked
PTT RTC Clear Detection FPF 0x0

You’re good to go, both measured and verified boot not fused :+1:.

So the bios provided yesterday should not brick the motherboard?

yes

Thanks. I’ll try it and follow back up

Hi,

It isnt my intent to hijack as a newbie to this, but I bought a Xeon E-2246G with the intention of using with this motherboard. I have shorted/isolated the requisite pins, initially the ones listed in the guide for Biostar and subsequently the rest for “maximum compatibility” to no avail with the Xeon bios flashed with a CH341a. It turns on for half a second and right back off with the Xeon installed. Fans spin and lights illuminate briefly, then right back off. I can “drop” the cpu into the hot socket (system powered on with no CPU) and the CPU does warm up at what seems like “idle power” rates without shutting it down (though doubtfully initializing), leading me to believe its something with initialization. I have 4 of these boards so i dont really care if I blow one or two up trying to get this going. With the g3930 installed, it stays on without issue.

I admit to this being my first coffee lake mod, and I aplogize if I need a bit of extra guidance, but I promise I’m not an idiot and usually pick things up fairly quickly and only ask for help as a truly last resort. Only reason I’m even bothering you is the status of this release is “untested” and I’d like to help get this tested, if you have the patience for some extra guidance on what tools to use to get this board/cpu combo runnung and such.

Massive appreciation for your time and efforts.


Edit: playing around with it on coffeetime, enabling “sku hack” did the trick! It booted into CachyOS on a thumb stick without any major issues so far. Cant stress test yet because the heat sink isnt secured and no fan currently, but i’ll report back after further testing, still work to do but this is promising!

Edit 2: moved the bios chip/CPU into my Unraid server, cleared CMOS, and reconfigured. No problems, XMPP enabled, boosting seems good. Toggling SKU hack did the trick, running flawlessly thus far in the production environment it was (maybe a bit prematurely) tossed into.