[Request] Modded Bios to enable PTT on Maximus Extreme 8 + i7 6700k

Hi, sadly none of these cmdlets works (I was trying nearly every single potential “fix” i found or could think of). It just says that the module is either missing or that there is an access error - which i guess comes to the same conclusion).

Maybe the hint of yours could work (with this other option) but i have no clue on how to edit the bios to show hidden options.

BTW: Is it even possible to have an i7 6700k work with the M8E? I’ve read online that the i7 6700k lacks TPM 2.0, while the 6700 without k has it (So far i thought TPM is chipset things). Device Manager is not showing the Security Module.

EDIT: I will send you the error messages for the tpm cmdlets when i’m at home

Unfortunately the setting I mentioned is stored in FD and probably the FD is still write protected even in dsankes modded bios.

1.) I don’t know if flashback will overwrite the FlashDescriptor
2.) I don’t know if the caspule is specific for the complete content, I just changed one bit in FD without modifying the capsule
3.) This might brick the computer (but I think this might be the last setting missing?)

Just changed the one bit that enabled ‘TPM over SPI bus’ in FD in dsankes firmware, you can try to write it with flashback:

M8E.cap.zip (8.3 MB)

You can check if the FD is overwritten by dumping it with fpt(w/64)) -DESC -d FD.bin (it’s in the tools package you downloaded).

Checked TPM capabilities of the CPU but didn’t find any information that 6th gen K cpu would behave differently?

EDIT
Here’s someone who claims he did it with a i7-6700K on an MSI Z170 board

EDIT 2
Had a lock at MSIs Z170 board and it’s just the Z170A GAMING PRO where one can choose between dTPM and fTPM, and it’s bios doesn’t have the TPM over SPI bus option enabled.

Hi, i just flashed your file with bios flashback. But it seems that it didnt override flashdescriptor. I did a backup of the bin file before and after the flashing and compared it with fc.exe tool in commandline.

to EDIT 2: I have the dTPM option aswell, i can choose between PPT and dTPM, so far i always used PTT.

EDIT: It says “EK Revoke State”: Revoked down below. May this be the issue?
EDIT2: Do you know what “Verified Boot” is? Secure Boot should be enabled

dTPM would mean discrete, but afaik your board doesn’t have a header for a module?

Read several times that revoked doesn’t exclude proper function.

What options do you have for TPM in bios settings? Can you post a picture?

I see, no i dont have a TPM Header on my board…

I only have two options in bios for tpm:

dtpm/ptt
ptp aware os/none ptp aware os

Thats it

EDIT: Actual State:

PTT enabled
PTP Aware OS: Yes
Secure Boot: UEFI Only
CMS: Disabled

The options above seem to be required for TPM 2.0 to work

Okay, some news here:

I was able to enable PTT via a grub command “hack” without modded bios (I am on stock bios 3801 atm).

Here: https://web.archive.org/web/20220506115404/https://www.win-raid.com/t9091f2705-Cannot-enable-Intel-PTT-TPM-at-ASUS-motherboard.html

BUT i still can’t find TPM in tpm.msc or anywhere else…

LOOK here, this is the state atm:

Short headup to this: I seem to have access over the flash descriptor:

grafik

Maybe we can try it over that way?

Sorry, but you dont have control, you can just read the complete firmware which is good in case of backup, but doesn’t say anything about writing the firmware.

I read the complete thread you linked and checked the ME config for those where it worked- there’s no common factor related to working that could be changed here. I’m sorry, but I think this is relating on bios implementation, maybe some Windows factors, too. Maybe installing Intel ME drivers for your platform again might help in recognizing but I doubt it.

Sorry, but I don’t see anything meanigfull I could do at this point, it’d be just groping around.

All good! You already helped me so much! Thank you, really :slight_smile:

I’ve sent a request to asus (i am pretty sure that they won’t do anything, but lets see, at least they sent me some kind of request-form)

So far, i see only two options left which i will try to elaborate:

1. Somehow i bricked my PTT functionality, maybe through randomly flashing stuff
  2. Windows somehow “restricts” the functionality when anything is not 100% “stock” firmware

Thank you guys for helpin - again - i will come back if i have any news