[Request] Modded Bios to enable PTT on Maximus Extreme 8 + i7 6700k

Hey guys,

as stated in the title, i am looking for a modded bios for my Mainboard to enable/show the PTT option.

I am aware that not every z170 mainboard is capable of being “unlocked” to show this option, but i was not finding a clear answer on my specific board.

Maybe someone can help me and/or show me how to do it :slight_smile:

With kind regards

Nero

Not possible and not yet confirmed any mod to enable it.
All the reports of TPM1.2/2.0 (aka PTT tied in ME FW) on older mbs, were due to requests to the OEMs for non-public releases and an update bios with support for it.
You can wait for other users.

try Advanced → PCH-FW Configuration → PTT Configuration → TPM Device Selection → PTT
extract and copy to fat32 usb drive, then use flashback.
M8E.CAP.zip (8.3 MB)

2 Likes

The option you are describing is not visible on my board…

Yes, it shouldn’t, i didn’t noticed this was a Z170 mb, dsanke had probably made a mod file to you, unlocking the settings, you have USB BFB so no worries if the mod doesn’t suit you.

Never tried but why no eneable it at startup in ME config? The firmware tpm is not permanently disabled (at least in latest images), so enabling at startup should meybe do the trick. Unsure if resetting the TPM with OS tools will work, but I think, it mght be possible?

See “Intel(R) PTT initial power-up state”:

1 Like

you need flash mod bios i have provided first.

Hi! Sorry my bad, I didn’t think of flashing first…

The option is now shown in bios, I have enabled PTT now, with PTP Aware. Windows still seems to think I don’t have TPM. Have you any idea how to fix this?

Thanks you for the nodded bios btw!

You might check with MEInfo. There should be information like

FW Capabilities 0x7DF6D147
Intel(R) Active Management Technology - PRESENT/ENABLED
Protect Audio Video Path - PRESENT/ENABLED
Intel(R) Dynamic Application Loader - PRESENT/ENABLED
Intel(R) Platform Trust Technology - PRESENT/ENABLED
Service Advertisement & Discovery - PRESENT/ENABLED
Persistent RTC and Memory - PRESENT/ENABLED

This is ME 12, might look slightly different on your version.

grafik

The option you reffering to seems to be active

Would have been first post of this thread and then paragraph C2:

C2. (CS)ME System Tools
Note: To extract the files below you need to use programs which support RAR5 compression!

* CSME System Tools v11
For CSME v11

If enabled in ME WIndows should theoretically be able to find the TPM?

What does device manager say, what does tpm.msc say?

In Bios TPM set to dTPM or PTT?

In Device Manager its not shown.
In tpm.msc its shown for a splitsecond, then it shows “not found” again
In BIOS its set on PTT

EDIT: Also tried disabling CSM, didn’t help

Well, I think you have to ask @ dsanke here.

The bios he provided may have a Coffelake mod which involves to messing with the Intel ME afaik.
At least his bios has the microcodes for Coffeelake and a ME version that never came from Asus, stock firmware were on 11.8.50.3399 (3703 and 3801) and 11.6.10.1196 (3504 and some more earlier), you now have 11.7.0.1261.

So I don’t know what modifications he did within the ME region / if he did modifications within the ME region that could compromise PTT function.

@dsanke Could you verify this please?

Unfortunately my technical know how on bios mods is not the best as i’m knew to this topic…

If i can/need to provide additional information i can surely do this!

EDIT: Reflashed original Bios (NOT via Flashback, just bios update). Now this is showing up, which is confusing af:

try flash mod bios again with flashback. flashback wont downgrade Intel ME, so the current ME state should preserve.
the mod bios have, coffee lake mod, but i just changed the ME version, i didnt change PTT related settings.

EDIT Just try first what dsanke proposed!

[You could try this firmware, it’s pure stock just with PTT automatic startup at boot changed to enabled in ME config.

outimage.zip (9.3 MB)

But I assume this won’t update now since it’s same version for bios region and ME, so you’d possibly would need to go back to the firmware from dsanke again for example.]

Indeed changed a little bit, still not working unfortunately, but really thanks for trying to help!

Sadly this is a bin file, but i have to use a cap file as far as i know, do you have this one too maybe?

Thanks in advance!

Well, this won’t get better with my file, the TPM seems to be enabled now in ME and that’d been the only difference to stock in my file:

One problem might be that the endorsement key is marked ‘revoked’.

There’s a lot of tools for TPM in Windows:

tpm.msc
tpmtool getdeviceinformation (Powershell)
tpmInit.exe
Get-TpmEndorsementKeyInfo (Powershell)
Get-Tpm (Powershell)
Get-TpmSupportedFeature (Powershell)
Clear-Tpm (Powershell)
Initialize-Tpm (Powershell)
Unblock-Tpm (Powershell)

Some usefull error messages there?

No device manager device?

EDIT

Maybei it’s neccessary to enable this option, too, but that’s kinda guessing - as would be the frequency