[Request] Msi A320i S01 NVMe Not Present Bug After CPU Upgrade

Hi, goo day for all.

I have a mini itx msi motherboard (a320i s01) that was working well with an athlon 3000g and a gtx 1060 6gb, but after i upgraded the cpu to a 2600, it stopped detecting the nvme disc (a 500gb kingston a2000), after many tests (including putting again the atlhon, wich was recognizing the nvme fine again) i have it working for now with a nvme usb adapter, im guessing theres a bug in the bios firmware, but from the 3 i installed the problem persists.

Latest bios version is 7A40v47P (also called 7A40v47P*), is there a way i could (or someone who knows more) fix the bug or make it recognize the nvme again? thanks in advance…

It shows the M2_1 slot as not present, and is doesnt appear either in "UEFI Hard Disk Drive BBS Priorities".

Does this help in anything?

Getting SMBIOS data from sysfs.
SMBIOS 2.8 present.
55 structures occupying 2234 bytes.
Table at 0x000E6910.

Handle 0x0000, DMI type 0, 26 bytes
BIOS Information
Vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
Version: 4.50
Release Date: 01/23/2019
Address: 0xF0000
Runtime Size: 64 kB
ROM Size: 16 MB
Characteristics:
PCI is supported
BIOS is upgradeable
BIOS shadowing is allowed
Boot from CD is supported
Selectable boot is supported
BIOS ROM is socketed
EDD is supported
5.25"/1.2 MB floppy services are supported (int 13h)
3.5"/720 kB floppy services are supported (int 13h)
3.5"/2.88 MB floppy services are supported (int 13h)
Print screen service is supported (int 5h)
8042 keyboard services are supported (int 9h)
Serial services are supported (int 14h)
Printer services are supported (int 17h)
ACPI is supported
USB legacy is supported
BIOS boot specification is supported
Targeted content distribution is supported
UEFI is supported
BIOS Revision: 5.13

The AMD chipset has its own peculiar behaviour… this is due to his architecture and i may dare to say that the resources/attributes on HW ID on the motherboard upon the chipset have changed
and may say that when you upgraded to a "new" breed of cpu, the hw/chipset configuration on the motherboard for the OS on it has changed and/or the disk UEFI boot system attributes/partitions.
This affirmation standing on a presumable ssd in healthy condition
My opinion only and you can wait for other users thoughts.
MSI have not taken off the NVMe DXE driver from any bios, if it changed something on it, better ask them as we regular users are kept away from such internal changes.
If installing a clean UEFI x64 OS on it still fails, then this is a serious issue and you should contact them.

Many motherboard wont show an empty/data NVMe drive on the bios until a bootable OS volume is present

Thanks for your answer MeatWar, yes, i did installed a clean OS, could it be anything related to the internal graphics of the 2200g? What i wanna try is with a 3600 or another 3000 series cpu, but its not gonna be soon, so im sad i will be using my nvme with a usb 2.0 (usb 3.0 gives BSOD).

So of 3 cpus only the initial 3000G worked?
Not seeing iGPU issue here directly but it could have to be with the PCIe lanes of each cpu, that differs a lot. But if a clean OS install with the R5 2600 and the GTX1060 failed, it probably fail with a R5 3600…but who knows.

PCie Lanes/Memory controllers
Ryzen 3 2200G
Ryzen 5 2600
Athlon 3000G

Good luck.

Any help, please?