[Request] NVMe bios mod for Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A

Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A BIOS Update solid state drives I need a BIOS update for my gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A board (revision 1.0) as I cannot install OS on an M.2 drive as it does not recognize the technology

@rolandomv73, try it.
mb_bios_ga-b85m-ds3h-a_f3_mod.zip (2.9 MB)

Hello!
I hope this message finds you well. My name is Mariano, and I recently came across your post regarding the modified BIOS that you requested. Like you, I’m facing a bit of a situation with my motherboard and have been tirelessly searching for a solution.

I’m genuinely curious about the potential of this BIOS modification to resolve this issue. If you don’t mind sharing, I’d love to hear about your experience with the modified BIOS. Specifically, was it successful in addressing the problem you were encountering? Any insights or feedback you could provide would be immensely appreciated.

Thank you so much for your time.
I’m looking forward to hear from you soon. Have a great day!

Hello, Michael!

I hope you’re doing well. I’m reaching out to seek assistance with an issue I’m facing with my motherboard (MB) setup. I have a 256GB NVMe SSD of the same brand as my motherboard, which is mounted on a PCIe x16 adapter. However, I’m encountering a problem where the system does not recognize the SSD as a bootable device.

Here’s a bit more detail about the situation:

I am trying to install Windows 10 and boot the system from the SSD.
Although the BIOS recognizes the SSD as a mass storage device (meaning I can save files to it), it does not list it as a bootable option, preventing me from booting the system from the SSD.

Additionally, I noticed that you generously shared a modified BIOS file on this post. I’m considering using the BIOS file you shared to potentially resolve my boot issue. However, before proceeding, I wanted to respectfully ask if you’re confident that this modification can be undone in the case it does not solve the issue. Ensuring the integrity and reliability of my system is paramount, and I would greatly appreciate your insight on this matter.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance, tips, or troubleshooting steps you could offer to help me resolve my SSD boot issue, as well as any advice you might have regarding the use of the modified BIOS file.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance!

@MARIANOROBERTOBAEZ, yes, you can flash original BIOS at any time with Efiflash 85MDS3HA.F3

Hello, Michael!
I can’t thank you enough for your Time, your effort and your expertise.
I sincerely appreciate the generosity you have given me.
I hope you have a wonderful evening.

Mariano

1 Like

It’s working like a charm, Michael! I’ve got to admit I was quite worried I would turn my PC into a brick. I even rehearsed the procedure several times with an old GB motherboard at my job; flashing the main BIOS from the backup BIOS and viceversa over and over. As soon as I ran the BIOS you modified in the Gigabyte Q-Flash app, the system immediately recognized the SSD, and I was able to finish the installation. Thank you so very much, Michael.

1 Like