[Request] NVMe Boot Support for GA-990FXA-UD3 R5

I really could use some help on modifying my bios to support Windows 10 boot capability off new NMVe drive. I have no experience at this. Thanks! Link to bios - GA-990FXA-UD3 R5 (rev. 1.0) Support | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A.

Edit by Fernando: Thread title shortened and typo corrected (“NVMe” instead of “NMVe”)

Follow the guide and you can share your mod file for further analysis, before flashing.

I gave it a go! I followed the guide and it looks like I was able to mod my bios. How do I upload or share for review? As a new user I get blocked for an upload. Thks!

I just got notified that I have more privileges!

modbiosf2.rar (2.8 MB)

Seems correctly done, no missing/added pad files in to the insertion volume.
You can use the standard 5 DXE, besides the small variant also does the job.
Use QFlash in bios, do not flash on OS environment.
Report back for future user guidance if you keep the shared file linked, good luck.

I did the QFlash and I now have a new drive in the boot list. I tried cloning to the NVMe drive from my current boot SSD Windows 10 drive but the the NVMe drive will not boot after cloning. Am I missing something?

Oh yes you are… the reading of the guide further more, setting the system as PURE UEFI environment and performing a new OS installation (Step 4), as cloning is never advised for NVMe system migration.

Cloning is keeping all OS previous junk and not achieving the best new NVMe performance migration of the new PCIe booting interface.

You are right! I stopped reading! It would probably be wiser to do a clean install to start off fresh and get rid of the junk. I’ll give it a shot and let you know the results! Thks.