[Request] NVMe mod ASUS Z9PE D8 WS BIOS

@kenoric :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

If you want, that 3dsmaxer30 gets a notification about your request, you should better use the @username option.

The UEFI BIOS of older mainboards never shows the name/model of a connected NVMe SSD (what you may see instead is a device named “PATA”). Nevertheless the related SSD may be bootable. It will be listed as “Windows Boot Manager”.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@3dsmaxer30 can you kindly help share the working modded bios with NvmExpressDxE_3?

Many Thanks

@keba
Hi mate,
I can send you the modded BIOS today evening. Just write me an pm with your email-adress.

So far it works for me quite well, but be carefull with it, you can destroy your BIOS or even your motherboard. Its on your own risk.

I wasn’t able to install the modded BIOS due some security from asus in a normal way. So i ordered an USB flasher for 10€ on eBay (you could even get it for 2-3 €, but from China, so the shipment takes quite long…

regards,

Ronny

@3dsmaxer30
Dear Ronny,
Thanks so much for your prompt reply!
My email is under your inbox, already :))) Can’t wait for testing your modded BIOS!!!
I will order an USB flasher ch341a and some backup Winbond 25Q64BVAIG.
And last but not least, can you kindly help show which is the correct way (pin up or pin down) for insert the 25Q64BVAIG inside USB flasher? Attached photos pin up and down from youtube for more detail.

1. Pin_UP

pin_up.jpg

2. Pin_DOWN

pin_down.jpg

Thanks again!

@3dsmaxer30
Hope that you might have more spare time during weekend!

Many Thanks.

Dear all,

I would like to confirm Z9PED8WS is OK for NVME.

All stuffs can be find here: using CH341A USB flasher for backup origin BIOS (save as .bin file), then using CodeRush’s UEFITool v0.21.5 for insert the
uncompressed NvmExpressDxE_3 module. Verify then flash to the Winbon W25Q64BVAIG.

https://www.fshare.vn/folder/4R8IK4K7Y37G

Thanks guys for sharing all needed information.

HI,
Does the bios file you upload have the changes already added? If so, is this bios v5802 with the changes?
Do you have to use the usb flasher to update the bios on the chip or can we asus bios update to install the updated bios?
Thanks

@3dsmaxer30 any chance you can share your bios file one more time? I have a 970 and same mobo.

Here you go (original file) :

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qlsqr7a98…_nvme3.rar/file

Regards

Hi Bro.

Im kind of lost deseperated trying to do extactly the same thing you did.

I have a Z9PE D8 WS with a couple of Xeons. And i would like to make work my new NVME as Windows drive.

Could you please help me and refresh me about the steps to follow. What i have to do once i have your …nvme3.rar file

Thanks a lot!

For address to a specif “BRO” must use @username in order to get him notified.
Reading from the start of the thread, seems that besides the use of a CH341A SPI programmer no one has succed in other way.
So buy one as the SPI on the motherboard is a socked SOIC8, so its easy to flash it or u can read more here on other methods:
[Guide] How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS

Hello, I am new here and new to topic.
I want to upgrade my PC with this motherboard. I am little lost in steps.
It is possible to flash updated CAP file directly via bios flash tool on my motherboard? (without programmer)
Please could some expert update my bios with nvme driver?
This is last bios from asus page for my MB. Z9PE-D8-WS-ASUS-5802.zip - Google Drive
Thank you very much! :slight_smile:
Thank you very much.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.
You read the thread?
You cannot due to Asus security issues, expected since the file is modified.
Only motherboards with USB BFB feature can deal with CAP mod files.
All other statements are still valid as well the linked tools/guides
You can also read some other threads and their users experiences, related to the Z9PE family by a forum search
The guide for implementing the NVMe DXE driver is linked in post#3
Good luck

@palik42 @MeatWar

For your downloading pleasure

Cheers

Hans

1 Like

@hancor Thank you very much :slight_smile: :partying_face: :beers:
So can I flash this via original bios flash tool? (without usb programmer) ? :slight_smile:

@palik42

See your manual page 4-3 to 4-6 for various methods.
My guess is manual page 4-6 method using a DOS USB drive will do the trick; but you can try the other methods first. Also try using a USB 2.0 drive 32GB or less formatted FAT32.
Good luck!

Cheers :beers: :partying_face: :innocent:
Hans

Thank you, I’ve just tried dos flash - bupdater.exe and there was security error.
So I’ve ordered CH341A programmer and we will see.

@3dsmaxer30 @kenoric @keba @dontdoit1time @Arge711 @BDMaster @Treyu591 @MeatWar @palik42 @hancor
Since it finally turned out, that it was a BIOS modding request, I have moved the thread into the related Forum Category and customized the thread title.

@palik42

Have you tried the other bios update methods listed in the manual?
Just for thoroughness…

Cheers

No I didn’t tried when I’ve seen that security issue.

Edit by Fernando: Other parts of the post removed, because they were identical with >this< post.