Hi everybody. I have an old PC with a MSI z87m-g43 motherboard. I installed a NVME SSD on the PCIE slot and I installed Windows 11 on it but the motherboard will not see it as a bootable drive. I have installed the latest official BIOS update, version 2.9.
Can somebody make a mod for this BIOS so I can boot from the NVME SSD? Thanks a lot.
@Luis2u4u
Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!
Why don’t you do it yourself? For users like you I have written >this< easy to do step-by-step Guide.
If you are not sure whether whether your BIOS modification was ok, please post a link to the original and your modded BIOS.
Good luck!
Hi. Thank you for your reply. I am not such an experienced user and I never did anything like this. I would not want to broke my brother’s PC…
@Luis2u4u
I haven’t written the Guide (it took a lot of time) with the intention to do the insertion of the missing BIOS module at least myself. So nobody has gotten in the past and will get in the future from my side an already NVMe modded BIOS. I hope for your understanding.
By the way - the BIOS modification itself is not risky at all and will not brick any PC or laptop. The only risky part is the flash of such BIOS.
That is why I gave you the advice to upload your work to get an evaluation.
Ok, I will try to do it myself and then I will upload the result here. Thank you for your help.
I did the modification myself using your tutorial and it worked. Thank you very much. I will attach it here in case anyone needs it.
E7823IMS.ZIP (6.0 MB)
2 Likes
Is it work only on pcie 3.0 x16 or secondary slot 2.0 x4?