[Request] NVMe SSD detection problem with a Clevo Notebook

because it didn’t show up when i rebooted after installing the hdd. of course i did remove the hdd and rebooted again but it didn’t detect the evo.

probably that’s where i did wrong, i had to install a fresh os when i had the chance, instead i formatted as a normal drive.

i am already at that bios but i remembered that i only tried to boot with both ssds, so i’ll try to install windows with just evo right after flashing current bios again see if that makes any change. i’ll post back in 2.5 jiffy.

Yes, this ^^ What MeatWar said

And, you need to clarify what BIOS you use that I gave you by exact name, or exact folder name, so we know what BIOS was working for you (Both should work, and both are unlocked, so how you described them isn’t ideal )
With NVME Mod BIOS I sent you, where I removed native NVME compatibility, you may (should not) see NVME in BIOS at all, until you get windows installed, then you will see “Windows Boot Loader” on the boot page where you move the boot devices around and put windows drive first in list
With stock unlocked BIOS, I did not touch NVME, you likely would see NVME in BIOS by name, even if windows not installed, due to native NVME compatibility and not NVME mod method

i first flashed with biosregunlock.bin which was in the as-is-unlocked folder. and like i said when i first entered the unlocked bios, i could see the evo. hdd was not installed, but the intel ssd was installed like in the previous attachment. i booted the windows from intel, formatted evo from disk management tool. shut the pc down, installed hdd and we were back to basics, intel and hdd was there but evo was gone. so i removed hdd, but i couldn’t see the samsung in the bios ever again. i didn’t change any setting in the meantime. safe boot, csm were off.

so i tried the biosregNVME.bin which was in the Stock-NVME-Removed-NVME-Mod-Unlocked folder. and bios didn’t detect samsung again, and i couldn’t even see the nvme devices list in the bios menu. but the intel ssd booted just fine. so i flashed back to the first bios i tried that worked before, without the hdd but it didn’t work. so we’re back at square one.

edit: by the way, the installer i made with the win 7 usb dvd download tool didn’t even boot in legacy or uefi mode, and when i enter bios when the usb drive is on, it doesn’t leave the bios screen with or without saving or discarding changes, it only restarts if i restore to defaults. so i think i do something wrong with the tool, or i use the wrong tool?

i also have a rufus drive, that turns windows installer on perfectly but sees no drive to install, just like in bios.

@Lost_N_BIOS , @Fernando

so i’d like to know youe opinion, why do think i was able to detect the samsung after i flashed the bios but it was gone after i installed my hdd. i am still struggling and couldn’t make any progress unfortunately :frowning:

@Berkto :

I see only 2 possible reasons:
a) The SATA port and one of the 2 M.2 ports are using the same data transfer lanes.
b) The PSU of you notebook is not strong enough to deliver the required power for the simultaneous start of 3 disk drives.
By the way:
1. You should not connect at the same time more than 1 disk drive with a boot sector on it.
2. The in-use resp. desired SSD with the OS and the boot sector on it should always be connected to the first one of the 2 M.2 slots.