[Request] NVMe Support for ASUS M5A88-V EVO (AMD Chipset with Legacy BIOS)

I wanted to know what can be done so that I start the windows in the m.2 ssd nvme

EDIT by Fernando: Thread title shortened and specified

@saques :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Since an UEFI BIOS is absolutely required to be able to boot off an NVMe SSD (only exception: Samsung 950 PRO) and ASUS doesn’t offer such BIOS for your old mainboard, you will only have limited options to use an NVMe SSD.
Provided, that you don’t have a Samsung 950 PRO SSD, I recommend to look into the start posts of >this< and >this< thread. Precondition is, that your mainboard will support a PCI/PCIe connected M.2 SSD.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

hello friend none of the 2 helped me to start the ssd m2 the same thanks

Hi, yes I’m in need to update the ASUS M5A88-V EVO to add an NVME SSD. Can a BIOS mod be made please?

@saques

It was already told to u, that this kind of legacy bios version doesn’t accept NVMe mod. Blame Asus for it… as it never released an update bios in UEFI version.
Mostly u will see M5A9xx… allowing the mod but not ur motherboard generation.
The NVMe module witch is inserted only works in a UEFI environment that loads this module prior to OS.
Only UEFI bios versions will accept it, no one can provide want u want because it cannot be done.

@saques - Then ask for help/support in those threads, whichever method you are using.
Users who are familiar with the methods will be able to answer your questions there, if you tell them what’s failing or giving you issues et