[Request] NVMe Support for GA-B85M-D3H-A Mainboard

@BHARATH :
1. Untouched original Microsoft ISO files contain all required files. So if your Win10 ISO didn’t contain the file named bootx64.efi within the EFI\boot folder, it hasn’t been an original ISO file.
2. It is never a good idea to download a Windows OS via torrent filesharing.
3. The best and safest way to get the latest original Win10 Image with the small sized INSTALL.ESD is to to use the MS tool MediaCreationTool2004.exe. You can get it >here< (you should customize the URL, if you don’t want the EN-US variant).

@BHARATH :
It’s ‘not recommended’ to work with operating system ISOs from unknow sources and continuing with a fresh system finding a possible virus right after installation is at least very optimistic. At this point nobody knows any longer what really happened to your drive, unfortunately.

Last thing to try:
1.) Try a secure erase using a disk tool like f.ex. parted magic
2.) Did you check the firmware directly after installing? Adata has an update to version V9002s34. This firmware update does anyway reset the disk/ destroy all data.

4.jpg

@lfb6 :
I downloaded the Adata tool and tried since the disk is not visible, adata tool also not able to detect it…
Let me try the first option… or Monday planning to visit Service center. Thanks

@BHARATH - Sorry, not sure if the same tool is used as what I linked you or not, if not, use the tool I linked, it’s what I use for Win10 ISO to USB creation.
This may create NTFS USB, but it is bootable and installable in UEFI mode, I just installed 2004 from my 32GB USB the other day, in UEFI mode (and it’s NTFS formatted I just checked)
So that may be a limitation of how Rufus makes things, causing it to have to use FAT32, not sure?
I looked around about this, how it’s possible, why Fernando mentioned FAT32 only, etc, and I see this thread, and they say New Rufus can do UEFI/NTFS too -
https://superuser.com/questions/588080/u…ot-a-ntfs-drive
See also, creator of Rufus replied - https://superuser.com/questions/1023290/…reater-than-4gb

But, by far, easiest and known working method I linked you to, the Windws USB/DVD tool

If you already flashed your NVME mod BIOS, and it booted, then all is OK (padding added or removed), so I think you are good there as mentioned by lfb6

Looks like it may be faulty NVME, sorry to see, hopefully getting replacement is painless for you!

@BHARATH :

Just for clarification: The size of the ISO image itself doesn’t matter, but the FAT32 file system is not usable, if the ISO image contains any file, which is bigger sized than 4 GB. The file with the biggest size within the Windows ISO images is the install.wim.

Hi. Would you mind to re-share your modded bios?

@supertaco - @BHARATH mod BIOS (for B85M-D3H-A) was F2, I can make you F3a if you want, this BIOS is a year newer than F2?
Or, if you want F2, I can make you new mod if BHARATH does not want to upload his mod BIOS. I have it, but maybe he did not want to share. So if he does not reply, I will make you new F2 NVME if you want F2 instead of F3a

Thank you so much for your answer. F3a its ok. I don’t know if its better the F2, but i guess that newer is better, right? I’ve used the nvme adapter with my ssd and it’s fully recognized in windows. So this new firmware its not going to have a problem to boot from NVME.

Thank you again.

Hi can u send me too bios mod for nvme ? can be f2 or f3a for this motherboard cuz i cant insert NvmExpressDxe_4 to csm core cuz file size exceeds the volume size . And i have no idea what i need to delete to make some space.

@Majkel232 let’s wait for @Lost_N_BIOS to have some spare time to make the file.

Thank you again for your time!

EDIT
Well, i must return the CPU to my friend and i will not be capable to update his bios. No problem!

Cant download the modded ga-b85-d3h f3a bios attached at #4 i want to to flash it
please send me the link
i am newbie
Thanks

Please upload the modded ga -b85m d3h-a f2 or f3a bios for nvme support
Thanks

GA-B85M-D3H-A (1.0) F3a NVMe

Recommended flashing on top of already same version F3a, Q-FLASH ONLY, no Windows environment.

Noted
Thanks a lot

Thank you man!!

please upload again. The Bios file is not available on Zippyshare anymore

I’ve downloaded the file. Let me upload it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19KcwIAt…ew?usp=drivesdk

I hope that I’m not infringe any rule.