[Request] P8Z77-V LK NVME BIOS(1402)

Hi all,

I’m planning to use Easy Update(in AI Suite II) to update to make it NVME-boot capable. Can someone offer the BIOS?
I have 970PRo 512G but the BIOS doesn’t seem to recognize it and I can only use it as storage device under Win10 Pro.

The original BIOS can be obtained here
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/P8Z…/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Thank you all so much for your help and kindness.

@comsci - Here is mod BIOS, do not rename, flash with USB Flashback if your AI Suite method fails
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…626634335271077
Mirror - https://ufile.io/co2aj5fj
Mirror #2 - http://www.filedropper.com/asusp8z77-v-lk-1402-nvme-mod

Thank you so much, but P8Z77-V LK doesn’t have USB Flashback feature, which is a shame.

I’ve successfully flashed the mod bios with EZ Update in AI Suite II under Windows 10 Pro.

@comsci - OK, it’s not a big deal, we can get around that still. Please download this Intel ME System Tools V8 package - https://mega.nz/#!CF1l1LJK!K2l6_74FPsGig…Rvp8Efj8a5drZSc
Inside you will find several folders, go into Flash Programming Tool, and then select the “Windows” folder, hold shift and press right click, then choose "Open command window here"
At the command prompt, type the following command, and then zip and upload the file this creates

FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin

Ohh! I didn’t read your second comment until I typed out above already, will leave for the next guy who may need help!

I’m sure I’ve successfully flashed it with Easy Update, but in the BIOS it seemed nothing had happened? I wonder why.

Is it possible for you to supply me again with the latest NVME mod (of 1402) if available, much appreciated.

EZ Flash (within BIOS) will not let you update mod BIOS, only USB Flashback, Ai Suite sometimes, or certain versions./methods of AFU.
OR, FPT method as I was suggesting we do above at post #4 (DO NOT FPT Flash a stock modified BIOS, like the one at post #2, only flash FPT Dump modified via FPT)

If you are sure you somehow flashed it (Maybe via AI Suite)? Then you need to do certain things exactly to be able to use the NVME, see “This is what you should do” section of this thread, and do all things in step #4 exactly
BIOS itself wont change/look any different, and only after you install the OS you might see the NVME SSD in the boot area of the BIOS, but not always before
[Guide] How to get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

Latest BIOS is 1402 and is NVME modified above at post #2 (DO NOT flash that BIOS with FPT)

Thank you Lost_N_Bios for your arduous help. Now I’ve successfully flashed (I’m sure cus I can see PATA SS/SM: in BIOS) the NVME BIOS (you bet with AI Suite 2 with the swapping trick) and begun the installation process.

I made a Win10 Installation USB (UEFI capable) by using Rufus 3.5 software as attached. However, after the initial process where you’re prompted with Location, Language, Keyboard is done, the process required to re-start and later it seemed to repeat itself over and over with my USB in the drive. However, if I pulled off the USB drive, as suggested by some during “Windows will start in a few seconds,” i only see a screen where it says “Press F1 to modify your CSM setting” (something like that). This is all done with CSM disabled since I realize it has to be done during a pure UEFI environment. What happened here and how could I solve this problem?

I realize I’m in this final phase of NVME Installation but I got frustrated by this trouble. Any suggestions would be appreciated, once again.

Wasn’t there a recommendation to format the stick with Fat32? Don’t know if this makes a difference but at least Microsofts media creation tool does it this way? (Why don’t you use it- the tool should know best how to prepare the stick? [Link])

Thanks Ifb6, I’ll definitely give it a go. Some also suggest that I can install from a DVD instead of from USB, which might do the trick.

Anyway, at least I can finally get 970pro recognized in my BIOS, happy as ever and am very grateful for your help. I guess this is the last mile for me.

PS: I’ve created an ESD USB as suggested, will definitely give it a try when I’m free. Thanks guys.

Quick Question, that "P8Z77-V LK NVME BIOS(1402)" support PCI-e bifurcation?. I have this card "https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboard-Accessories/HYPER-M-2-X16-CARD/" and I want to install 4 mvme drives on it and use it as storage only.

@yamilselman - Set this >> Advanced >> Onboard Devices Configuration >> PCI Express X16_3 slot (Black) bandwidth to X4
Then test all slots with 2 NVME (may need to use certain slots on the Hyper card for only two devices). Anyway, maybe 4x4x is enabled by default for some slot, but your BIOS does not contain ANY bifurcation options or control etc, so you only get what is enabled/set by default, or nothing (possibly nothing for this on Z77)

So installing a custom Bios on this motherboard there is no way to enable PCIE bifurcation (example 4x4) the same way me enabled MVME support ?

My goal is to use the ASUS HYPER M.2 X16 CARD with 4 SSDs MVME drives as storage only.
My second PCIe slot is 8x, so with 4x4 bifurcation on that slot It will be able to detect the 4 drives at 4x speed.

@yamilselman - No, such options are not present in your BIOS, so we cannot enable, reveal, or change. All you get is whatever is set by default in regards to Bifurcation here, maybe nothing, maybe some slot is enabled for 4x4x already (Possibly the first two PCIE only, when Ivy Installed), hard to say.
But I doubt any slot is capable of 4x4x4x4x without a custom BIOS from Asus and even then may not be possible due to CPU and or board/PCIE layout etc.

* Edit - per your edit - In ANY motherboard, a slot with only x8 available can only do x8 total, so could never support 4x4x4x4x. It could do 2x2x2x2x but that’s not a normal bifurcation option on anything I’ve seen.
So, at best, even if you had full bifurcation controls, on an 8x slot, you could only use 2x NVME at 4x4x, unless setting 4x4x4x4x applied 2x2x2x2x using the available x8, but I doubt that could happen in any case.

So what exactly this modded Bios will give me in regards of MVME support?

See my edit above. This modded BIOS allows you to boot to NVME on PCIE adapter, generally this is single NVME on single NVME adapter, but you can use single NVME on Hyper Adapter if you want.

Would you please check your device list. If you set SATA to AHCI, will you see a yellow flag (code 10) under your AHCI driver.
I mean when you are using moded nvme bios.

I am using the same motherboard with you. I encounter the code 10 problem.

Please. Can you upload the files again // mod bios in post #2. They are expired on upload websites. Thank you

@nevim : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Since our BIOS modding expert Lost_N_BIOS hasn’t been online for several weeks and nobody knows when he will return, I recommend to modify the BIOS yourself.
>Here< you can find an easy to use step-by-step guide about how to grt full NVMe support for your mainboard.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

P8Z77-V LK support
latest bios version is 1402 (2014/05/07)
modules and microcodes are updated with a pinch of nvme support,here

How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS

Updating management engine firmware also recommended,
Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools

As rule of thumb,keep your OS,apps,bios and drivers updated

Thank you for your reply. I have just read it! I’m new to the forum. I will do as you suggested. Thank you!