[Request] TRIM in RAID0 for the Asus Rampage II Extreme Bios 2101

hi,
As far as I know there is nothing newer out there. There are no newer OROM modules that would work better on the this platform (lots of discussion about that on this forum), so this is as good as R2E gets.
I’m still using my trusty R2E with W3690 on two machines 24/7.

Good luck!

I have updated the JMicron, the Marvell and the Intel RAID (no trim) oroms, but no Spectra patch yet.

The oroms are all from this site.
Intel-RST_RAID-ROM_v10.1.0.1008
JMB36x_RAID-ROM_DEV-2363_v1.08.01
Marvell_LAN-ROM_DEV-4380_v6.68.1.3

Some years ago I also updated the eproms for both NIC’s as I remember.

I tired with those modules as well BUT I have problems if I enable all these modules in the BIOS because they do not all fit when you boot (boot run out of memory ) IF you run the IRST as raid 0.

I had to revert back to the version published on previous page because IRST raid 0 was more important to me than latest JMB and MARVEL.

Ok, I use ACHI. Maybe thats why I have been able to run without any problems. So you say that if I set it to RAID, then it will crash in BIOS?

thank you for your time I really appreciate it -
Of many years of working and playing with technology this R2E board has been the star!

Does anybody know if the PCI_Ex1 has seperate lanes form PCI_Ex2 and PCI_Ex3??

If I enable 8x 8x in the bios between slots 2 and 3 I am lead to believe that slot 1 works independently at 16x?

I am hoping my graphics can stay at 16x in slot 1 and that my nvme adapter and sound card who both require 4x can operate in lanes 2 and 3.

hi,
I have core i7 920 but when using updated microcode bios, pc cant wake up completely after standby just fans run.
even tested original bios by updated microcode bios and had the same problem.
does anyone have this problem?

so 920 is cpuid: 106A5 while I use 990 and W3690 which is CPUID: 206C2 om several machines (bought for $78/CPU on ebay).
that means that they will load different ucodes at boot time (determined by ucode).
CPU id with CPUID: 206C2 works well

with regards to CPU’s 920 and other cpuid: 106A5 i am not even sure there is a spectre patched ucode for cpuid: 106A5 so there might be little value with upgrading…

Which leads me to the question I should have started with (dah). What are your trying to achieve?

yes the boot process runs out of memory it you enable everything including raid.