[Request] Unlocked Gigabyte Aorus 15P XD BIOS

Hello there,
I would like to learn how to undervolt my CPU to get more performance but also lower temps. What will I need to do to make that happen?

I just don’t understand the process. I just need a explained process of it.
The way of disabling the settings in the bios is straight forward. But to create the bios unlocked file is the thing I don’t understand.

Thanks in advance

Edit by Fernando: Thread title shortened and customized

Edit:

I will leave some Bios and Intel ME info

Bios FB03 Aorus 15P XD.jpeg

HwInfo Aorus 15P XD.png

I will just like to know the files I need and the steps to do so.

Edit 2:

I used CSME System Tools v15.0 r13 with that I could dump my bios

So I follow first a YouTube Video to backup my bios and then I reflashed

I changed the name of the file that’s why it is different.

Bios Flash Process Backup and Rewrite.png

I did not changed anything inside the bios such as all BIOS passwords, disable secure boot, and disable TPM or Encryption

It did work without changing that. Do I need to do it anyways? Just to be sure :smiley:

Also the biosreg.bin provided is not edited

Gigabyte.rar (4.48 MB)

biosreg.rar (4.48 MB)

@Xperjo
Hello there, I will try to mod your bios, but keep in mind that the bios could be rsa signed, that means that any change to the original rom will result in a brick, I highly advise you buy an spi programmer to flash stock bios in case of any brick

@Xperjo
I modded you bios, increase tpl1 and pl2 values and time, reduced voltage by 50 mv, disable bios guard and other locks. Again, I recommend using spi programmer.

BIOS MODDED.zip (4.94 MB)

Hi there

Somebody already modded my bios :smiley: Thanks for your effort !

But to what value will you put tpl1 and tpl2 ?
I got my voltage to minus 68 with Throttestop

I got TPL1 to 90
and TPL2 to 115

@Xperjo
TL1 to 55watts, because of the heat you cant push to much, PL2 100w I belive, with max time 128 secs, 50mv from the core. keep in mind that pl1 is the base wattage of the cpu, the tdp of your cpu is 45 watts, if you put 90w you risk damage your cpu, you have to give the cpu some room to work with

Hi @Samuka, I have the same laptop and want to do the same things. Can I use the files from @Xperjo and flash it?

@iModes
This bios mod is user specific! If you do, you can loose your serial numbers, LAN MAC ID, UUID etc.
You need to flash your mod based on your bios.
Firstly, take a capture of your bios window and show it.

1 Like

Okay, thx for the answer. I will upload the pictures later.
@Zentsi
Edit: I’ve uploaded an pic from my Bios, hope it helps!

Well, good news!
You have a correct bios version and you can re-flash it without any problems. So, it makes sense to make a bios mod.
You need to make a bios dump via FPTW64 ver.15.0.30.1716 tool click:
*back up your original bios-region >>>
fptw64.exe -d biosreg-fb07orig.bin -bios
Save this copy to the safety place and send it to me… I’ll make a modded bios for you, or help you with it step by step.

@Zentsi
I’ve maked an dump but i don’t know ho to send here pm’s.
Or is it okay to upload it here?

It doesn’t matter. You can send it pm or this thread. But I prefer pm.

My bad that i don’t know how to send pm’s, I upload the file then here tomorrow.
Laptop is now off, and I am going to sleep :slight_smile:
Good night an greetings from Germany :smiley:
Edit:
Uploaded Bios file. click (swisstransfer).

@iModes
Bios mod only for iModes
If you can’t find where disable secure boot, just ignore it. But if you can’t get access to the grub shell, I’ll explane how you can try to disable secure boot. Otherwise you will try RU.exe.
Please, respond to the result, take a shot of your bios :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Do I flash this like an bios update?

Thx for the work @Zentsi !

Edit: I´ve seen the guide too late, thx for the work!

Actually it is the same bios, but with hidden menus. Firstly we unlock your current bios, then we can re-flash any new.
In some cases users firstly unlock current bios, after that make a bios dump of unlocked bios, then smb make a bios mod and a user re-flash it.
In your case we unlock bios just before flashing, so you re-flash locked bios mod with hidden menus. If you want to re-flash back your original bios you just need to unlock your modded bios by the same method(step 1) and the same command via grub :slightly_smiling_face:
Any new bios version from gigabyte/aorus re-write bios mod.
One more thing…
*** WARNING - To ANYONE with laptop and unlocked BIOS!!!
DO NOT try to enable this graphics card or disable that card, switch cards etc. Otherwise you will end up with no display output (ie black screen) and no way to recover except by blind flash or with flash programmer.
You can change graphics related settings, like changing memory sizes, or core speeds etc, just don’t try to disable one card or change which is main etc.

Additionally, be very careful when trying to undervolt CPU, you can leave BIOS unbootable due to CPU voltage too low (Sometimes even 0.05 is too much)
WARNING *** - The BIOS files above are user specific! If you are not those users DO NOT USE THESE BIOS!!
If you do, and you are not those users, then you will loose your serial, UUID, OG NVRAM, and possibly LAN MAC ID as well.
You have been warned!!!

1 Like

Okay, I see, it will be harder then I think.
The only thing that I want is, that I can use my new 32GB of RAM at 3200 Mhz and maybe clock all cores to 5Ghz.

Can u help me how I make an bootable USB stick with rufus? Rufus need´s an image but there is no image in EFI folder.

1 Like
  • Download Rufus, for example Rufus 2.18 or Rufus 2.18 portable,and open it as administrator.
  • Select from the device list your pendrive or card, with the following options, and hit Start. It will delete all the data on that device:
    Partition scheme and target system type: MBR partition scheme for UEFI
    File system: use FAT32.
    Quick format
    Uncheck “Make a bootable disk using”
  • Now, browse to the unit with Windows explorer (in my case it’s H: drive) and create the folder EFI on the root of the pendrive and another folder BOOT inside EFI.
  • Copy the downloaded file bootx64.efi to H:\EFI\BOOT
    Now you have a bootable USB pendrive with grub shell.
    Or just google it … how to make a bootable USB pendrive rufus
1 Like

Thx, this worked well. At first start on rufus there was an error, after I hit an second time to start, it worked an he createt an bootable stick.

Now I can´t find the disable Secure Boot option in the bios. Is this called at another name or have i to do this in Windows?

There is an option: delete all secure boot variables, do I lose my Windowsinstal or something when I delete it?

If everything is correct, you will get access to the grub shell.

Nope, you do not find this option in Windows. You can disable Secure Boot just via bios.
Actually you can try to run your bootable stick without disabled Secure Boot. If you get access to the grub shell, you will type the command, if not, I will explane you next step.

Nope, you will not lose anything, e.g windows key it is a part of your bios.

Yep, right. If a stick does not start disable Secure Boot via “BIOS->security->delete all secure boot variables”
Plz, inform me if you delete all secure boot variables(some users ignore that and it works too)