[Request] Unlocked Gigabyte B250M-DS3H BIOS

Hello, I have recently bought an i5 7600k and was frustrated that it does not overclock on my Gigabyte B250M-DS3H motherboard.

I have found this forum and it would be really appreciated if somebody could help.
I need to unlock the ability for overclocking the CPU and running 3600mhz Memory.

I hope that this is possible, .

Edit by Fernando: Thread title specified and customized

@Max05_pl - Please show me image of your BIOS at the following locations, you can use F12 to screenshot to USB, then zip all images and upload for me to any free file host if it’s over 6MB you can’t attach here
Scroll up/down if needed, make sure I can see all settings visible to you on these pages
MIT >> Advanced Frequency Settings
MIT >> Advanced Frequency Settings >> Advanced CPU Core Settings

MIT >> Advanced Memory Settings
MIT >> Advanced Memory Settings >> Channel A Memory Sub Timings (will be same as B, so only need to see one)

MIT >> Advanced Voltage Settings >> CPU Core Voltage Control
MIT >> Advanced Voltage Settings >> DRAM Voltage Control

Hello, @Lost_N_BIOS !

Here, I took the screenshots.

Screenshots.zip (2.67 MB)

@Max05_pl - Thanks, flash this via Qflash, then reboot to BIOS, load optimized and save, reboot back to BIOS and make any changes you need
Then repeat the images, so I can see if anything needs further edit to reveal to you. You do not need to name the images, I scroll through them as I edit anyway, without looking, so save you some time
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…853854327476230

@Lost_N_BIOS
Thanks, Here are the new screenshots.

screenshots2.zip (2.68 MB)

Thanks, that’s all, nothing more needed all is visible to you now in those sections!

Okay, but I am still not able to run my memory above 2400mhz… I have a 3600mhz kit and I can’t set the frequency to more than 2400mhz.

Same with the CPU frequency.

Disable XMP and set manually, or enable XMP. I am not sure, but this could be chipset limitation, I’ve not personally played with B250 and unlocked BIOS so not sure what is possible and what is not.
I just looked around in google a little bit, and see contradictory info, so hard to know for sure (plus, it’s hard to know who’s using unlocked BIOS when testing and or replying to answer too)

Set XMP and see what happens, then set XMP and try 2800, then 3000, then 3200 etc,

Yeah I have set an XMP and if I type anything more than 2400mhz it automatically goes to 800mhz

Numlock on, or off? Try arrows up/dwn instead?

Unless you enable Qclk Odd ratio, you can only use certain multipliers/freq with 100 or 133 etc, keep this in mind too.

What happens when you load optimal only, and then enable XMP and boot to windows, what is memory freq?

So while trying now I set the Ref Clock to 100 and if I type 36 in for "3600" it freezes which is unfortunate…
-------------------
No matter what I do, I can not get the Memory Speed above 2400mhz. Same with the CPU, I can not overclock it and will only go till 4.20Ghz

Try slower first, not all boards or CPU’s can do 3600 anyway.
Don’t type in 36, use up/down arrows, or click on auto and hit enter for pop-up to choose a multiplier or speed, I don’t think you key in a multi here. You may key in multi, I’m not sure, I can’t see the BIOS like you can
Anyway, first try 2666 then 2800, and see if those work or not. It may also be you need to set DDR speed multi (ie 13 for 1333 which then equals 2666)

Try 100x13 and 100x14
Then try 133x10 and 133x11

May need to try both with Qclk Odd enabled too.

For the CPU, you may need to use a certain older microcode or something, I’m not sure. You’ll have to google around about K or unlocked CPU on B2xx boards

This may also just be a hard limitation by the B250 chipset, I know B250 is much more limited that Hxx chipset, but not sure what is hard locked and what is not, as mentioned I’ve not messed with Bxxx so I can’t say for sure.
All I can do is unlock the settings for you, I can’t help you to do what the chipset wont. You really need Z series board for unlocked CPU.

Yeah no whenever 100 is selected it freezes…

Also not sure if this is you but I found this while searching
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-H…VDH-BIOS-UNLOCK

Would you be able to do the same thing as you did there? It seems like you were able to unlock overclocking on that b250
Sorry, I do not want to put any pressure or anything I am just wondering.

Yeah and No, sounds contradictory But, if you are from Australia I know the last bit is what is meant (ie no in this case)

Then you need to enable QCLK Odd ratio, then reboot, then use 100 or 133 and whatever multi/speed etc. Yes, that was me helping over at BIOS-mods, before I started getting buried here and couldn’t keep up anymore.
I did the same thing there I did for you here, revealed hidden menu items only. And, it appears that user never posted back at the end, so there is no known final outcome of what ram speed he could do etc

I’m trying to activate the “Above 4G decoding” setting. I noticed that the setting exists in the bios image, but in a hidden menu. Can anyone unlock this menu?

@leandroZanatta
Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!
Since a thread about the same topic and mainboard already exists within this Forum, I have merged your request into it.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

The link is not available, can I resend it?

@natancrf
Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!
Which link is not available?
By the way:

1. Lost_N_BIOS hasn’t been online here since several years.
  2. This is a “Request” thread and not a thread, where an already modded BIOS is offered for interested users with a similar mainboard model.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)