[Request] Unlocked Lenovo M920q BIOS

Hi @all :slightly_smiling_face:,

im about to change the cpu in my Lenovo Thinkcentre M920q from a i5 8500t to i7 9700 and i want to ask if there is any option to modified the newest bios(https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/thinkcentre_bios/m1ujt72usa.zip so that i can see all hidden menus espacilly power limits and oc settings? Anyways im thinking about to push the 8500t to its limit before i change it to the i7. The cpu now runs at 20 watts, 15 watts under the tdp from Intel. Is there any hidden section to unable the cpu throttle? Iā€™ve already uploaded the results from Backup Tools : Download results20.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

I would be very grateful if you would help me with this.
Tweaknap :smile:

Did you have any success? I got a M920T from work and Iā€™m looking into unlocking the secret menus as well. If there even are any on this platform.

This is the closest artikel I could find on this topic but itā€™s for a Lenovo Miix. The IFR Extractor couldnā€™t read the rom file or any file from the latest bios update.

Unfortunately I couldnā€™t find a solution regarding the BIOS, but I was able to solve the throttling problems with the ā€œThrottlestopā€ tool. As a result, the performance and network connection were no longer throttled.