[Request] Unlocked Razer Blade 16 BIOS

So I’m trying to unlock the BIOS on my Blade 16 (2023) to gain access to some performance options (mainly CPU Loadline and C-States).

I have tried:

• Desoldering the BIOS chip, dumping the 2.02 BIOS that’s on it, editing it with AMIBCP, then erasing the chip and writing the modified 2.02 BIOS to it and soldering it back on the board. Only to boot the computer and see the BIOS getting reverted back to BIOS 2.00. I’m under the impression that with these new chipsets, the locks have to be disabled before I can even write a new BIOS (even if I use the CH341a). Writing a modded BIOS does not seem to work.

• Using IFR Extractor and UEFITool to extract the areas where the locks are present.

• I then thought I’d try to use RU.efi to change the bits for each of the locks from 01 to 00. When I try to write the changes, it doesn’t allow me to write the changes and throws an error (0x00000008) that it can’t be written. Again, likely due to the Flash Protection Registers being enabled. I can’t find ANY way to disable them and I’ve poured over nearly every thread on Win-Raid and online that talks about Error 167 in FPTW64 when writing a new BIOS.

• Running a bootable GRUB USB where I’ve attempted to disable the BIOS Lock by setting the variable to 00, but it keeps telling me that it “can’t set the variable” and it gives me an error code. The same result goes if I try with RU.efi. From what I could research on the code, it’s because of the Flash Protection Registers.

I may have missed some locks but the following are the ones that I changed in AMIBCP.

CFG Lock and Overclocking Lock are disabled in the BIOS already.

The locks that I changed to DISABLED are:

• Flash Protection Range Registers
  • PCH BIOS Lock
  • Lock PCH Sideband Access
  • RTC Memory Lock

I ENABLED:

• Enable tools interface
  • Force unlock on all GPIO pads
  • Me FW Image Re-Flash function

Again, I think I missed disabling some of the locks in my run of writing to the BIOS chip using my CH341a (PCH BIOS Lock and PCH Sideband Access) and enabling Me FW Image Re-Flash, but I don’t know how changing those, writing the modded BIOS to the chip, and then soldering the chip back on to the board would change anything.

I read a post here on the Win-Raid forums that mentioned if there are set keys for Boot Guard, there’s no way around it other than getting a new PCH with no embedded keys.

A user on Reddit mentioned that they were able to unlock the BIOS on this laptop by running a bootable script off a USB that changes all of the Suppress If flags.
I have no clue about creating this script and I’ve never dealt with grub before and I definitely don’t know python.

I’m out of ideas as the bootable script doesn’t seem like it will change anything. The BIOS is still locked down with no ability to change it, even temporarily. Not that I can see at least.

I’m hoping that someone has insight because I don’t know how to proceed and get the results that I want (unlocked BIOS). It’s just been failure after failure.

I’ve run MeINFO -verbose and I can paste the results here if necessary.

My new modified BIOS that I’m attempting to use is attached below. It is 32MB. I’m wanting to get the locks disabled/bypassed first before I go all in and start enabling hidden menus. Thank you for your help!

BIOS dump without any modification
stock.zip (7.7 MB)

This is the one I’ll be wanting to write to the chip
new.zip (7.7 MB)

Edit by Fernando: Thread title customized

In my case if fpt tool fail i use afuwin to flash BIOS region since other regions are locked.
Same is with your new.zip file, only BIOS region is unlock from flash descriptor region,

I tried that and I get an “18 - Error: Secure Flash Rom Verify Fail”

I see in AMI BCP in your BIOS there is Steup/Advenced/CPU Configuration/BIOS Guard - Enabled by default ,maybe this information can help you, also before updating BIOS you can Steup/Advenced/PCH-FW Configuration/Firmware Update Configuration/Me FW Image Re-Flash switch to enable if posible.
Now found also in /setup/chipset/security configuration/Bios Lock, this can be aslo main issue.

I’ve disabled all of those, and with the Me FW Image Re Flash, I enabled that as well.

The issue here is Intel Boot Guard. I can take the chip off the board, wipe it, and flash the “new” BIOS onto the chip. But as soon as I reconnect the chip and try powering the system back on, the green light comes on, and a half a second later, the system shuts off.

If I do the same process but flash the backup onto the chip, it works just fine and the laptop boots up as it should. The CPU/PCH just doesn’t seem to like it when I modify the BIOS. If only there was a way to sign the BIOS using the same signature as the stock one.

Looks like the bootable USB Un-Suppress script might be the only way this works. The problem is that I don’t know how to do it.

Does anyone know how to create bootable un-suppress scripts to get the CPU Performance menu to be visible? Is this done using GRUB? I have a GRUB USB that works but I don’t know how to set up this script or where to even start with it. I’ve gone through pretty much every thread on this site and looked on the internet for anyone talking about it and I can’t find anything.

Someone has to know about this.