[Request] Unlocking HP Envy x360 Laptop BIOS

@Sweet_Kitten i got my laptop working again. Tho i needed a programmer. So i dont really need the hp installer hacked. But im sure others would love it. Assuming you can get it working well.

1 Like

Maybe it is already working as it should, and the process can be considered completed after the first "loop" of the progress line? And everything is spoiled by the internal BIOS encryption protection against modifications.
I changed the version number in the BIOS. Do you remember?

I do remember u just trying to change that, tbh i just flashed an hp bios i knew would work. Also would u even need to worry about the encryption? When i directly flashed the hp bios from the website (the exact one that we were using as a base) it worked so idk whats the encryption for.

Im not sure how u would find out when its exactly done after the first "loop", all im saying is that doing it from in windows rather in the hp environment isnt a good idea. Also within the hp environment you can tell when its done since the blocks count up in there rather than what it did in windows. but idk if using there environment is an option u can use

Yes, If you’re flashing a modified BIOS. Encryption is just the method HP chose to protect their BIOS.

As I was saying, using the hp environment is not applicable. You have created a request to unlock your BIOS, so what else is there for us to do? Do you still want to continue?
A programmer would speed it up.

Yea id just like to try using the programmer and mod the bios that way. As i said originally i want to unlock the hidden options, i was trying to use amibcp and uefi tool to do it. But im not confident that i did it right, so i guess im asking for this. Can you guys mod the bios for said options?

I have a BIOS file for you. I bet the laptop won’t boot.

Why wouldnt it, whats up with this bios?

wouldnt all you have to do is change the access level variable right here? I searched up access lvl in uefi tool and found this in the setup area in the bios then extracted it and used ifr extractor to look at this. Or as i missing something and its not as easy as changing this variable?

unknown.png

as much as id like to claim i understand what was happening in your last picture, i really dont get whats wrong/ what needs to be changed.

No.
Let me explain. To successfully unlock your bios, you need to apply two modifications. First, apply technics from this guide to unhide advanced menus. It is ery simple and straightforward.
Second, disable BIOS protection. This is necessary part. I do not know what needs to be changed in the modules ,that I showed you, because no one has done this before. But I am hoping I can figure it out.

well good luck on the 2nd part, i imagined that it wouldnt be so difficult especially with a programmer.

When i did my bios mod myself i did do that first part or something very similar that i watched through i video on it. That second part i didnt realize/know would even be necessary. Is that an hp specific thing or a more general issue?

HP specific.

Is there any update on this? or is it just dead because getting past this hp issue is very difficult to do.

There are no other people who could test BIOS mods. How can I know anything without you?

If you’re still interested, I accidentally stumbled upon a modification that worked for HP 15-bc000ur.

HP 15z-ds100.jpg

i am still interested in getting a mod to work and if this would help id love to try it again however im currently in the middle of a school semester i dont really want to be potentially bricking my laptop like last time. Probably going to wait until i have a week long break or something. So, glad u mentioned this because at a later date id love to try this again. Lmk if there are any other interesting updates like this that may be potentially useful. Also u should probably tag me if u want me to see it in a reasonable amount of time lol.

TBH i wish i understood more of what ur image and its ramifications ment, even knowing basic assembly from my college courses i dont really get whats happening. So this allows u to get past the signature bypasses on all hp laptops? So would this use the spi flasher or would u do this through the edited bios being directly flashed or does it not matter (just wondering because setting up the spi flasher was pretty hard when it takes hours to get it to not slip off the bios chip) . Anyways congrats on the achievement of even being able to do this. @Sweet_Kitten