[Request] Unlocking HP Envy x360 Laptop BIOS

Just to update. I have managed to get needed values change by using modgrapshell. The reason I wanted to mod bios is CFG Lock and Overclock lock on cpu.

CFG lock address on my CPU is 0x3e
Overclock lock is on 0xda

1st I tried to use setup_var_3 0x3E 0x00 to unlock but it did not work. It appeared to be we need to use setup_var CpuSetup command on Comet lake bioses.

As you can see we do not need to mod bioses just to change few variables.

@Sweet_Kitten could u send me the modded bios, i think im going to try it over the weekend. Going to be looking into this modding bios stuff and the spi flasher again. Just wondering whats the chance that u think this time the bios mod would work, and is there anything i should know before i try flashing it?

DOWNLOAD link.

Over time, the chance of this mod would work became bleaky.
During the period when you were busy I was dissapointed to get to know this method does not work on HP Omen notebook. It shouldn’t have told you anything, but that I was lucky to test the modification on one similar BIOS. And again I don’t know why it worked for one device and not for another. Maybe the protection mechanism has been improved and more patches need to be applied. I don’t want to guess. So I contacted with one men, the source of these BIOS patches, and asked him. He said that he will consider this problem and he needs time, but for a week now there has been no feedback from him.
If you don’t have a strong desire to deal with all this stuff, you may take your time.

Alright thanks for the heads up, just another question was that hp omen an amd one and the one it worked on originally was amd or not? maybe the method differs depending on the cpu manufacturer. Let me know if he ever gets back to you.

It says you just edited this post, anything new you have to say?

I have not edited anything.

really weird why it says you did, also weird because it says nothing changed.

Hello there, I have a omen 15 dc1014np, and any change I make to the bios, being it small, or big, changing stuff in amibcp or using an hex editor, or even adding a driver, it just refuses to boot, enters a recovery mode and restores the bios to original configs, i always flash the chip with an spi programmer, do you have any idea on how to remove these locks?

I can flash anything you want, I always have a backup, and I also have a backup of the info like ids and other stuff that shows up in the main bios page, i was trying to add a module to the bios that enables Resizable BAR GitHub - terminatorul/NvStrapsReBar: Resizable BAR for Turring GTX 1600 / RTX 2000 GPUs . If you can give me a guide that i can follow to disable those locks so i can mod it further than just this one module, i would be very gratefull. Thank you

Hello.

The main concern should be the Intel Boot Guard. No idea how to remove it.

Hi there, I got Hp Envy x360 13 ar0000 with amd processor. So I want to downgrade bios to this one https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp99001-99500/sp99305.exe. But there is a signature error. If I got u right, u can bypass the signature check. May you help me with this?
Best regards

Hello. I cannot.

that’s sad, apparently there is no way to downgrade bios(