[Request] Unlocking Lenovo Legion 5i BIOS

@Lost_N_BIOS I’m going back to #5 trying to start over.

Lost myself somewhere along the way. This forum post is my personal Vietnam.

But as I was about to start over I noticed there is a new bios version out: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/no/en/produ…nloads/DS544633

First I thought. Great! New Bios. That must be better, but then I read the change log:

Version EFCN39WW BIOS Notification:
Fixed: Fixed CPU max speed show error in SMBIOS type4.
Add: N/A
Modified: Disable GPU OC on Intel Platform.

“Disable GPU OC” sounds bad right? Should I avoid this version and rather start over extracting the EFCN38?
----------------------------

So I was finally able to extract the bios and find the OC lock. Turned out I had a corrupt software version or smf.

0xBC0C3 Setting: Overclocking Lock, Variable: 0xDA {05 91 9D 03 9E 03 7A 01 03 00 DA 00 10 10 00 01 00}
0xBC0D4 Option: Disabled, Value: 0x0 {09 07 04 00 00 00 00}
0xBC0DB Option: Enabled, Value: 0x1 {09 07 03 00 30 00 01}

Full file attached

Ok, I’ve managed to get all the way to booting into a usb stick with ru.efi renamed. But I’m struggeling to enter the cpusetup menu. (alt+= according to guides). Nothing happens when I press alt + (shift+0).

Do I need a different keyboard? Not sure what I can do.

Section_PE32_image_DriverSampleDxe_SetupUtility IFR.txt (1.3 MB)

@gentlemantroll - Sorry to hear this thread has treated you so badly
BIOS version, only you can decide? GPU OC sounds like something they set in error previously, so sounds like a fix to me (OC without intention may cause errors/corruption etc)

Overclocking lock has nothing to do with any of this.
Please do as mentioned at #5 and then I can advise you and or send you unlocked BIOS, once you send me vars, I edit, you flash back, then you dump BIOS region and send to me - Or you can just directly change items while leaving hidden, up to you
And sorry, none of the things you mentioned are steps of the guide to enter anything? “(alt+= according to guides). Nothing happens when I press alt + (shift+0)”??? SHIFT+0 not a command for anything, ALT+= not a command for anything?
http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/…-issues.812372/

Use ALT+C to open config, then scroll down to UEFI Variables, then from there you scroll around and select the GUID you want to edit inside

Make 100% SURE you are editing inside the correct GUID for the setting you want to change
Example with setting you mentioned >> Overclocking Lock, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0xDA, VarStore: 0x3 = >> CPUSetup >> VarStoreId: 0x3 [B08F97FF-E6E8-4193-A997-5E9E9B0ADB32]
Sounds like you were looking for correct area, I only mention to make sure you know this is critical to be editing the correct area

@Lost_N_BIOS i sent in the legion 5i to lenovo claiming power loss/surge during bios update so i’ll be without that laptop for at least a couple weeks. i wanted to ask if your familiar with dell inspiron 15-7559 bios/vbios and what you would need from me if i create a request thread for it?

EDIT: im gonna make the request thread now, i’ll include what i think you need but please let me know if you need anything else

EDIT2: link to request thread Dell Inspiron 15-7559 unlocked bios

i have my repaired legion 5i back from lenovo, they replaced the motherboard and it works but they improperly set one of the variables so it now shows as "INVALID" for the model because they set it to " 5 " instead of “Lenovo Legion 5 17IMH05H” so its causing me some issues. i have LVAR lenovo variable tool and i know how to read the values but i cant figure out how to write them.