[REQUEST] Unlocking Maximus XI Gene bios

@Doc.Brown - sorry, I’ve been swamped lately I will try to get this done for you soon!

@Lost_N_BIOS

Don’t worry it’s not really an urgence for me cause my motherboard lost one memory slot during my last attempt under liquid nitrogen so she won one travel trip for Asus RMA center :smiley:
But if you make the mods I’m able to ask a team mate to test it

@Doc.Brown - Sorry to hear you hurt your board Hopefully you have friends there on Asus team or in RMA center, otherwise they will know you froze the board and deny the RMA
I will do mod now, before I keep forgetting, since it’s been so long already (!), and you can have friend test

Ohh man! Still on pause now, looking back, very confusing! Please tell me again what exact settings you need made visible (without the memory profile stuff for now)
If you included enough images, I will just unlock all the BIOS for you

Hi @Lost_N_BIOS :slight_smile:

My board finally came back from RMA,could you make those option appears please.
Gene’s bios is the same as what you see in the Apex previously thread.

Thanks for your help

Zitat von Doc.Brown im Beitrag #9
Hello @Lost_N_BIOS :slight_smile:

Now I’ve good old XP for the board could you mod the bios for me please ?

I would like to have both 0057 and 0021 modded,you can find them here:

After looking all IFR section list,is it possible for you to change this option to "Enable" :

#

And make those appear and have the ability to change options into :

#

#

#

#

Thanks for your help :wink:
-----------------------

@Doc.Brown - Gene BIOS can’t be same as Apex BIOS, so not sure what you mean? Or, do you just mean “looks” same/similar, same layout, stock settings shown etc

On >> OverClocking Performance Menu << Can you already see this submenu or not? If not, I will have to enable it at root level first, then you tell me if anything still missing inside it or all it’s submenus or not.
I see you sent me some images in the past, but I’m not sure what BIOS those are from, or if they were from stock unedited BIOS etc. If they are stock BIOS, then I guess you cannot see OverClocking Performance Menu at Advanced, so I will need to enable that first, then you tell me what’s missing if anything.
That would also cover your item #1 above (Realtime Memory Timing), that would be visible in Overclocking Performanec Menu once it’s visible to you, so you could change and I wouldn’t have to edit the setting itself.

Here is 57 with With HPET/TCO settings made visible
+ PCH Config >> Security Config menu made visible
+ Advanced >> Overclock Performance menu made visible

Let me know if you cannot see the settings you wanted inside the two new submenus mentioned above. And, if you cannot, please give me new images of all contents you can see inside both of those, so I can make visible what’s missing.
Once we’re all done and have 57 how you want, I will do same for 21

In the 57 BIOS you sent me, the capsule is blanked out all but the header, did you do that? If yes, why, does that disable capsule signature check or something?
If yes, why use that, vs simply pasting mod body back into stock capsule once you are done modifying? If it works it works, nothing wrong with that, just wondering why it’s been done here.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…208997172016010

@Lost_N_BIOS I mean it looks the same as the Apex

There’s any change for me in the modded bios that you linked,none of the modification appears

I don’t know for the capsule,I think I linked the original 0057 so there’s any modification in it made by me or diderius.In case you wan’t to compare I re-uploaded it here : http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…791809570678734

Thanks for your help

What BIOS Version you want? ( The Download Links are Down. )
What Settings you need?

Maximus XI is easy to unlock and safe with the Flashback Methode.

I didnt read the hole Thread, if you need a Mod BIOS. I can do it fast, its almost the same i have.

Greetings St1cky

ROG-MAXIMUS-XI-GENE-ASUS-MOD
Link: https://mega.nz/#!EU8zQaRT!JmNoI3uoYVfmj…qdp6ytT5l_jmrE0

Unlocked(Visible):
OverClocking Performance Menu
Security Configuration (Menu) → RTC…
HPET
TCO Timer
Descriptor Region (Open)

Use Flashback Methode with that BIOS. Unplug Lan Cable! if first try doesnt work retry or maybe Clear CMOS before Flashback.

I modded the BIOS You Uploaded (0057) and i replaced the Cap.

@Doc.Brown - Thanks, odd nothing appears! Did you USB Flashback? Yes, whatever you linked me to has a blanked out capsule, which I’d never seen before.

@St1cky - thanks! Not sure what happened with the one I made him, unless I missed an unsuppress or two.
Or, maybe it didn’t flash in via USB Flashback? Why did you mention those things you said about using Flashback, is there some bug where you have to do that on this board or it doesn’t actually flash? If yes, then this why my mod didn’t work I guess?

@Lost_N_BIOS
I recommendet, unplugging the Lan cable, because when i used Flashback one time, it just stopped after scanning the USB Stick and i saw some activity on my lan port. :smiley:
Maybe its because of supervisior? I use USER to switch the Visibility. I didnt tested supervisior.

Would be good to know if he even flashed the bios with asus flashback. We need to wait until he gives us more precise Informations :slight_smile:

@st1cky - thanks for the info, I wonder if it’s scanning LAN for a BIOS, or sending fail/success reports back home??
Yes, we shall see if your mod BIOS doesn’t work too, then probably he didn’t get mine flashed in (Super always usually works, if User is going to work)
I did not use AMIBCP, did you use your edited AMIBCP here? If yes, good, this will be first test edit with your AMIBCP edit that I get to see work or not, I’ve still not had time to edit and test anything with it yet.

@Lost_N_BIOS yes always with USB Flashback and without LAN witch is useless for overclocking things ^^

The one provided by @st1cky is good for HPET,TCO etc mods but I don’t have the Overclocking Performance Menu visible yet

@st1cky Do you use AMIBCP for mod the bios ? if yes could you share your version please,with it I’ll be able to mod bios and future bios by myself.I tried it before for the Gene but sections are missing in AMIBCP that’s why I opened this thread.

Thanks for your help guys :slight_smile:

@Doc.Brown - great, thanks for info! So, it is User works and Super doesn’t here, rare to see But good to know and see this also
I usually send test BIOS with one change using each (user/super), before doing full mod, so I can know in advance, but didn’t do that here and just assumed Super would be OK. That’s what I get for assuming
You’re welcome! We’ll wait on St1cky to see if he wants to do rest, since his BIOS worked for you first, if not I can do for you

@st1cky - Do you want to fix the rest here, or do you want me to do it? Needs Overclocking Performance Menu unsuppressed in setup

@Lost_N_BIOS Yep it seems bios modding isn’t a frozen science :smiley:

Yes, at least not when we think it is anyway, it’s called “just our luck, since we said that out-loud”

Hey,

Sorry my Internet got Shutdown.

I mostly only use USER to make things visible, didnt had Issues,yet.

Yes sorry i forget to make the Overclocking Folder Visible, i only made the things inside Visible, sorry. I missed that. I will fix it.

I modded my AMIBCP Version, i tested Z390 Asus Mainboards works fine. But i need to remove Language Packs to get the BIOS Edit, saved without crash. After saving it, i extract the amitse_setupdata and replace it into the original BIOS. Because i had BIOS Failure first time without replacing it, it corrupted something. So that was the safest way for me doing it. Gigabyte BIOS works fine without Removing the language packs, but i only tested the edit not the actual flash. So i recommendet always extract setupdata and replace it, so you dont encounter any issues. I will create soon a Youtube Video for howto then i will publish the modded version with it.

Some settings are defiened as undefiened, could still be some string limitations, maybe because of the mmtool what amibcp uses ( deprecated version maybe ), but making these undefiened settings visible still works fine, only problem is you dont know whats the name of that setting :smiley:

Yes, ASUS Flashback and Internet Cable plugged, could be some Checksum Calculations or… thats maybe why the flash process got stopped.

@st1cky - with ALL AMIBCP edits, I do as you mentioned with AMITSE/Setupdata, because as you mentioned, BCP Rebase BIOS and sometimes that messed things up.
So I always save "BCP Mod" then extract AMITSE/SetupData and replace instead of using direct AMIBCP edit/saved file.

You can tell name of item by "handle" and extracted strings, then check in AMIBCP/SetupData element info, but strings should give you good enough idea (export strings EN)

@Lost_N_BIOS Yes correct! Thats the best way and safest.
Oh, i didnt checked the handle. Thanks for that Information. :slight_smile:

Right, I always do that with any edit I make with AMIBCP. But, I often just do the edit directly to SetupData bin manually without using AMIBCP anyway
For this kind of BIOS issue “Undefined” I didn’t check about handles, just know that method helps you find stuff (handle show you name in strings, and or ID info used in FormID, help string etc).
It may be messed up, I mean handle not correct/visible as valid data in “undefined” BIOS like this one.

I do these edits manually, no AMIBCP used for this kind of BIOS, even though we now have mod AMIBCP by you, I’m just used to doing manually so it’s easier and quicker for me (but in this case I used wrong access level, so = failed )

Here we go.

Unlocked Menu/Settings:

- PCH Configuration ( HPET TCO )
- PCI Express Configuration ( Except PCI Express Root 1-24 )
- USB Configuration
- HD Audio Configuration
- Security Configuration
- Power & Performance
- Undefined
- GT Power Management Control
- Intel(R) Speed Shift Technology Interrupt Control
- ACPI D3Cold Settings
- Overclocking Performance Menu
- Processor
- Ring
- GT
- Uncore
- Platform Voltage Overrides
- Memory Overclocking Menu ( Realtime Memory Timing )
- Voltage PLL Trim Controls

BIOS access table:
Read Write
Desc Yes Yes
BIOS Yes Yes
ME Yes Yes
GbE Yes Yes
PDR Yes Yes
EC Yes Yes

Link: https://mega.nz/#!AdUCCAQT!6S9w4u1t93vcK...pV-YFtiHKwGbx70