[Request] Win8.1 Drivers for ASUS Prime A520M-K MB

Hello all, I don’t know how to install drivers for that processor with graphic, only for win 10 and 11 available but I will never install them, I want any solution for windows 8.1 which allows me to install drivers to properly work, can anybody give advice please

Edit by Fernando: Thread moved into the Win8 Forum section and title customized

@SergeiPA Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
I recommend to do a clean install of Win8.1 by using an original ISO file. This way all your on-board devices will be recognized by the OS Setup and will get a driver, which supports the OS Win8.1.
If the Device Manager should show any device with a “missing driver” flag, check the HardwareIDs and post them here.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello brother, i installed new version of windows and it download updates but for video adapter it don’t downloaded and it show "basic adapter of Microsoft " , i cannot download from official site because there drivers only for win 10 and 11

Here is the link to the latest AMD Graphics driver, which supports Windows 8.1: >Link<

By the way - there is no need to mention the CPU model within the thread title, because the CPU neither needs nor accepts any third party driver.

Thanks i tried this driver 17.7.1 for win 8.1 but it installing only audio driver but video not changed

Which are the HardwareIDs of the AMD Graphics Adapter?

Videoadapter in “manager of devices” says - Basic videoadapter of Microsoft - and ID
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_1638&SUBSYS_88091043&REV_C8
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_1638&SUBSYS_88091043
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_1638&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_1638&CC_0300

There seems to be no Win8.1 driver available for this specific graphics adapter.
My advice: Ask Windows Update for a suitable driver.
I cannot help you.

you mean i need text to Microsoft ?

No.
Open the Device Manager, right-click onto the listed MS basic Graphics adapter and choose the options “Driver update” > “Search automaticly” > “Search for updated drivers in Windows Update”.
Then run “Windows Update” and hope, that a matching AMD driver will be offered.

It says - you devices no need to be updated

Try it, manually pointing/using *.INFs not using the MSI.

https://dl.driverpack.io/driverpacks/repack/Videos_AMD_Legacy-NT/AMD/FORCED/Embedded/10x64/27.20.14536.3/AMD-FORCED-Embedded-10x64-27.20.14536.3-drp.zip

EDIT: I believe in you… did you tried this or not. What do you expect on an old OS with modern HW… and even worst, not even a “popular” OS among users, that diminish the chances of a user to mod a driver…

i tried already many times with diferent drivers, just nothing hapen

From my point of view there is no good reason to install Windows 8/8.1 on a system with modern hardware.
You should give up the plan.

1 Like