[Request] Xeon E5 26XX v3 Turbo Boost Unlock on HP Z440

Haven’t you tried to do it yet?

I haven’t tried editing the UEFI variables because I do not know how to do it.

@386
Can’t help you with learning.

Info.PNG

I think I found some more info on what specifically needs to be bypassed to make the system boot. Did the mods you did have any effect on the Boot Block? Sorry i should have sent something like this earlier.

Don’t know.

There is some documentation about it, apparently it is stored at the end of the BIOS region.

Maybe I should make another thread just to get help with this issue? Because it seems like this is all that is stopping me from flashing the bios mod

MOD ATTEMPT II: FAILED

So @Sweet_Kitten I undid the slight change you made because after doing some research I decided that I was not having a security problem (or so I thought). The other changes I made was I used a Turbo Unlock driver with a an undervolt because that was recommended in order to keep the CPU running at the higher frequency without hitting its TDP. I also removed just the 306F2 microcode using HxD instead of every line of microcode After I made those changes, I flashed it with the CH341a and the system was bricked again, but this time worse than before. The first time I tried the mod it would turn on with the 8 beeps and enter “Boot Block Recovery Mode”, I had since learned that you can fix that by resetting the CMOS so I pulled out that battery and pressed the reset button this time around to avoid the error. This time when I powered up all the computer this time all it would do was sit there and do nothing and then after about 30 seconds it would start spinning the fans at max speed and would would not post. I then had to flash it back to the stock BIOS again. I guess maybe the undervolt could have caused it because maybe OEM systems like this don’t support that kind of tuning. Another thing that could have caused it was something that I just discovered yesterday, was that UEFI Tool was deleting the RSA Keys and the FIT Table after I made the bios modificatons. UEFIToolNE seems to handle them properly but you can’t make any edits with it. How can I edit my BIOS without it being corrupted by UEFI Tool?

Maybe someone else could do the mods for me if they know how to do it without the things like the RSA Encryption and the FIT table being messed up?

Ok guys i got it to work but I am having some issues. I had to download bios 1.65 with 306F2 microcode removed from overclockers.ua and had to install the unlock using an EFI driver. Because it was someone elses bios I had to move my systems info over to it. I found this video showing how to do that on modern HP machines HP EliteBook 9470m, Scrambled BIOS - LFC#307 - YouTube. I followed his guide. I also moved the GBE region and ME region. I moved the ME region because it also had references to the serial number, and the one from the bios I downloaded had very strange references in it

I had to change the bios version number in my dump’s ME region to match with the mod bios.
The changes worked and the bios flashed successfully, but I have one strange problem. After flashing this modded bios the computer randomly freezes, before and after installing the Turbo boost unlock EFI driver. Sometimes its after 30 minutes of usage, sometimes an hour, sometimes never. I don’t know what to do. Did me moving things mess it up or is it a bug with this older BIOS? Could someone help?

PS: If i really need to I can use my ch341a to go back to the stock BIOS but i would rather not if I don’t need to.