[Request] Y540 BIOS unlock

Hi,

I try to get a unlocked BIOS. Found a guy on bios-mod.com he tried it 8 times, but he wasn’t successful.

I allready made a dump with a ch341a. Would be nice if some one have some experience and could unlock my BIOS.

I know, that the Y740 and the Y530 have a key combination to get the debug BIOS, if you know it for my Y540, I will take it to :slight_smile:

which model Y540 do you have?

I am on the same page. My laptop is Y540-15IRH and successfully using ch341a tool to save it from bricking by downgrading from 41WW and restore DMI info. I am curious about the advance menu unlock as well.

Hi friends,
could You upload the Firmware Dump or send to me in PM them to give a look ?
I will try foe You
Let me know
Regards

this is what i extracted from official bios without DMI info. Could you help modify this file?

the DMI info is from 60000 to 6CCFFF and I can replace by myself.

Thanks!

bios26.zip (5.28 MB)

This Bios has the Debug Mode active so we can try to show the hidden page by the Fn+D key using this procedure :

Boot to Bios and quickly Press key Fn + key D, then release Fn and quickly press F10 to save and exit.
Boot again to Bios and look if Debug Mode is actived , so all Menu tabs showed …

Here many tricks worked on different Y Series :

Lenovo Legion 7i Advanced Bios Menu

That work:

- enter BIOS by tapping F2 while booting up
- Click “more settings”
- hold Fn, then slide your finger through all the alphabetical keys (Q to P, A to L, Z to M)
- release Fn, then quickly press F10
- save and exit
- enter BIOS again and more settings will be unlocked

Lenovo Legion Y740

You can access this by entering the bios, hitting FN + hit every key on the keyboard individually or what i did,
was just drag my finger across the rows of keys, then hit F10, yes.
Then hit FN+F2 (or just F2) and enter the bios. Boom, debug mode.

Hello! I watched your video in no way could enter the BIOS with advanced settings (lenovo Y740 -17")
And when I was already desperate, I decided to try the last time and ran a finger along the entire row with the FN key pressed,
including the side buttons: Q-\ A-Enter Z-shift , and then I reloaded the BIOS and Oh miracle :slight_smile:
everything worked out :slight_smile:

Now I have a few questions, to which I will be very grateful :

1. where in the BIOS I can find a line where I can set the keyboard backlighting parameters at startup (this rainbow is very annoying)
2. I would like to reduce the acceleration delay of the fans when the set temperature is reached. For example,
when the processor reaches 75 degrees, the fans operate at 100 percent, but this does not happen right away.
I would like to reduce the reaction time. Perhaps you know where I can find this menu.
3. It would be great if you had a tutorial on all BIOS parameters :slight_smile:

Steps to enable advanced BIOS:

1. Goto BIOS
2. Hold Fn and press the qwerty row: Q to P, asd row: A to L, zxc row: Z to M. Release Fn
3. Press F10, select save when it asks you to save settings in the BIOS (yes you didn’t do anything apart from step 2 in the BIOS).
4. When the system reboots, open BIOS by pressing Fn + F2.
5. You should now have the advanced BIOS, exercise strong caution before messing up the settings.

A ton of thanks to CodeHusky for this.
So far, it works on his Y740 9750H and my Y740 8750H. May work for other legion models, try and report.

This worked for me, but only when I slid my finger across the row like others had mentioned.
When I pressed each button carefully it wouldn’t work so maybe I was too slow.
I was hoping to find a flashing ‘Enable G-Sync’ option in there but no luck so far

You stop windows not restart and at startup press continuously on F2 alone

With the y530 it was Hidden Features:

Fn + Tab, Fn + ASDFGH, Fn + O, F10 (Yes)

More keys combinaison, doesn’t work on C340IML, While in bios hold FN then run your finger across the keyboard,
Q-P,
A-L,
Z-M,
let go off FN,
F10,
Save Yes.

I have done some tries on code, i will post quickly …

Let me know
Regards