System board: Gigabyte B660 DSH3 AC DDR4 Y1
Chipset: Intel B660 Alder Lake
System: Cyberpowerpc GXi3200BSTV5
Windows 11 Pro
Samsung 980 NVMe M.2
WD SN570 NVMe M.2
MSI Geforce RTX 3050 AERO ITX OC

Dual boot Windows and WIndows Versions.

BIOS is AMI latest firmware from Gigabyte.

Guidance Questions relative to Intel VMD Controller.

At current installed Intel NVMe Express Controller for both M.2 storage.

At BIOS the option to turn on VMD controller.
Running live Windows.

My question is how to install successfully VMD controller drivers without Windows not recognizing the NVMe M.2?

I thought about this scenario and not sure how to do it.
What I have done is copied the .inf file to Windows\INF.
.exe; .dll to Windows\System32 and the necessary files into the hopefully right directories.

To verify if present in Windows driver database did the following: Old school Windows days for older Verision of Windows.

Device Manager>Storage Controller>Intel NVMe Express Controller>Update Driver>L:ook manually> Show All Drivers>Intel Corporation> Scoll.
Upon scrollling the VMD Controller is now listed in the driver database.

Issue to tackle:
2 Systems on separate M.2
Safe boot may work for one M.2 but to install the necessary driver for the other Windows could be a problem due to Windows not asking for a ‘driver’ case.

In the BIOS at current is NVMe controller set up.
In the BIOS first off have to set the VMD Controller making Windows not recognize the 2nd M.2 because the current driver is Intel NVMe Express Controller in Device Manager>Storage Controllers.

How can I get to install the driver for Windows on 2nd drive after BIOS setting for the 1st drive?

Old school days was to set this in Windows a manual way then boot up because the driver was detected along with hardware change. Windows did most of the time detect the change and made the necessary driver install.

How to do this in Windows 11?

The convoluted getting to Safe Mode is quite something compared to old versions.

I tried placing Safe Mode using bcdedit but. Safe Mode is not what it’s called? Not sure here.

I wanted to boot from the Windows Boot Menu directly into Safe Mode.

But the best way for this is actually having Windows detect the hardware change and set the configuration.

Such as prior to login it detects and asks for the driver to make the change.

What are my options for this?

Thank you