Resizable BAR Added to Z97-G43 H.B bios

Found information about colors here

1 Like

I think you can add and modify stuff the blue region without any issues, I checked MSI Z270 GAMING M5 which was reported successful with patch to PCI modules and added ReBarDxe in blue region.

But changing red region which has microcode, PEI modules and some other stuff will cause boot guard error.

are there no Update Bios only? do not Update Bios + ME as it will brick the bios (was an issue of old M-Flash).

Or maybe, just maybe, OP could try to update the H.B0 pure file, and when it worked, OP could dump the bios fully with FPT, mod it, and flash it through FPT?

I remember the “Update Bios+ME” options does change the bios structure like it destroying itself somehow, on my Z68-GD65 G3 board, even tho i use MMTOOL to insert the modules.

M-Flash only update bios. No other options to choose.

Simple tell the thread what have you modified on the bios to the user, we know that you like to “customize” a bit too much for my taste…

This issue has never been seen using Kuri0 Rebar DXE… and we all know that modern ME FW wont be overwritten by normal methods, especially when its higher version, long is the way of Z68 and initial UEFI bioses…
Also… this has never been seen on hundreds of mcodes/nvme mods on MSI Z97 family, on this forum, i think the whole thread deserves a more decent explanation, especially Kuri0 and the user em question.

Do please provide the user, info for recover his motherboard, that’s the least we can do for helping him.

This only can be fixed with spi re-programmer.

Ok, I’ll buy a programmer and let you know how it goes.

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Release] Resizable BAR DXE driver