Rocketek "PCI-E" USB 3.0 card

Hello guys,

can someone help me with my new USB 3.0 card please? I bought this one here from Amazon.de https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0872RVHR2 every time when I connect the power to the card my PC refuses to boot up. The case fans starts and stops than, no signal or booting to the UEFI. I already switch the power cable, tried a few variants to connect but always the same. Without the power cable connected my PC works normal, he’s booting normal and the card seems to work too. The HDD’s connected to the card are working.

The “manual” say you need to connect the power cable to the card… I already contacted the manufacturer about the problem, but no response. The card has no PCI-E connection, so it can’t get any power of that, but it is connected to the USB 3.0 port on my motherboard and also to my front panel. I guess the card gets the power from the USB port on the motherboard right? Is there any way to test the card with a tool? Is the power that it gets enough or is the card defect because of the power connector?

What an interesing card. It fits on a PCIe 1x Slot so you can plug it as a standard card and screw it to the computer case, but it isn’t PCIe at all.

The VIA VL813 is an USB Hub Controller. It is wired to an USB Port for both data and power, then fanouts to more USB Ports. It is the same thing than this, but in an internal form factor. Note that your card can be complementarily powered by the SATA Power, just like external USB Hubs that also have their own power jacks.

No idea why you have issues, but is there any reason why you picked that instead of an actual PCIe 1x card with an USB Controller?

There are so many USB cards and hubs on the market, the fewest give details about the used hardware or looks good at all, I tried a few hubs in the past but didn’t like it and my last card only has 3 USB ports. This card looks very good from the features.

It works so far, even without the SATA power cable connected.

wireless connection is the future