RSA signed stock bios is bigger than the current bios dump

I have an old hp laptop hp pavilion g6-2151se with RSA signed bios and I accidentally bricked it using CH341a programmer.
My main goal was to downgrade the bios to older stock version so I saved a backup .bin using CH341a and tried to flash an older version.

I found that the backup size was about 4mb and the stock bios .bin file was about 5 to 6 mb, so when I tried to flash it, it’s bricked.

Is there any way I can downgrade the bios to F.05 stock bios.

F.05 stock bios is sp56506.exe, I get an error when I post the link in this thread

HP Bios files from the SP sources r not a full image to program, u need to search a full dump from a donor MAIN BIOS+EC FW or buy one.

They just do not contain EC part, but can be flashed using a programmer.

Easily. Take this thing. And use it on the BIOS file "0183AF05.bin".

@Sweet_Kitten Thank you for response, can you explain how can I use the provided link and use it on the bios file ?
I get error "IHISI get support mode failed in SMI"
and then "Bios did not support InsydeFlash"

If you get those particular errors, it means you did everything right I guess. You unpacked the archive, copied the BIOS file and run InsydeFlash. But it reported your current is not supported by this program at all. So that I can identify the problem, can you please make a shot of the first page of the BIOS (the Main)?

Or it’s possible to decrypt the BIOS file from the update, and it will become suitable for programming it into a chip. Then you have to find a way to share the sp56506.exe file with me, because I can’t find where to download it. Also, before using the programmer, you can save the serial numbers by merging part of the current BIOS and part of the one that will be flashed.

I was able to decrypt the bios using phoenix tool, but I also got a 5mb .bin file which is larger than the chip capacity (4mb), so when I use the programmer I get an error message that the size is beyond chip size and the remaining data will be ignored.
This is the link of the bios file mediafire(com)/file/g4bq1sdrq2gmbhr/sp56506.7z/file

Thanks for the F.05 bios.

That’s why I asked you to upload it for me. To try to do everything yourself.
I am attaching bios file ready for flashing by programmer. I still can’t understand why InsydeFlash is not working.

0183A clear.zip (4 MB)

I have tried the attached file several times using different applications and versions (ch341a programmer, AsProrammer and flashrom). It’s wri but unfortunately the laptop isn’t turning on and the power button keeps blinking. I also tried unprotecting the chip with no luck.

@sasuke99
Your CH314A is fine as long as you see the changes after flashing. Now this is a strangely occurring blinking. But I think we have moved a step forward. Depending on how it blinking, I know one or two more possible solutions.
So how many times it blinking? Multiple or just two times?

Try to bring the laptop to blinking button state again. And create a USB backup recovery drive as follows: move the "Hewlett-Packard" folder from the attached archive to a USB flash drive, name the USB flash drive "HP_TOOLS" and when you turn on the laptop with the flash drive inserted, press the Win + B combination.

The power button is blinking multiple times as long as the power is connected, sometimes the f12 key (wifi key) keeps blinking with the power button and sometimes the caps lock blink once.
I have tried the file attached with win + B keys combination but it didn’t work.

@sasuke99
So far, the circumstances of all the fails only testify in favor of incompatibility with the bios of this platform.
And, frankly, I am already out of ideas, so I ask you to provide more information again. It can either be a photo of the Main tab OR the dump of your bios. Just to be sure what device do you have.
Thanks.

@Sweet_Kitten
I tried to dump the old bios before flashing the new one but I don’t know if it’s a bad dump or not. I will attach it so you can have a look.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/1wmrc5u7ddfpmke/22.zip/file

It is corrupted, but the data indicating that the sp56506 is compatible to your bios is saved.
Do you think if I change the F.05 installer of update to enable rollback, will it work? It has a much older version. Unlike that InsydeFlash I uploaded earlier.

@Sweet_Kitten
Yes the F.05 is pretty old, It’s no longer exists on the drivers page for my model. Maybe we can try with a higher version like F.22 that exists on the website.
I also noticed that when I am using the ch341a programmer, I get verification error and sometimes it says that the chip is erased successfully but the blank check says that it’s not blank although the chip is detected. Could it be some kind of protection?
the chip model is (25L3206E).

Could you try with F.22 version: https://www.mediafire.com/file/iaws4ck06…09.exe.zip/file

It might be a bad connection.

The next day I will do something.

@sasuke99
And here you go: sp56506.zip.
Unzip, run InsydeFlash and ihisi error should no longer appear.

It says “bios did not support insyde flash”. I’m trying on another machine cause this one is bricked.
Can this image be flashed using the programmer?

No, it is not meant for that.

You did the same last time, right? The point is that it cannot be used on another machine.
You don’t have a working bios dump to unbrick this? -Download your fixed BIOS dump.

I have tried desoldering the chip and flash the dump with no luck, but after some searching I found a dump similar to my model but it contains 2 files (main file + ec file), do you have any idea how can I flash both files although their size combined is more than 4mb which is the chip size?

I’m attaching the dump I found

hp_pavilion_g6_2160sr.zip (3.34 MB)

There are two different chips on the board: for EC and for BIOS. And by the way, the dump that I sent you is a combination of what bios you found with a part of your corrupted.