RX 570 and nvme adapter doesn't work together, (system wont post)

Hello people,

i’ve recently built a haswell refresh system.
My cpu is E3 1226 V3 and my mobo is MSI Z97 PC Mate

there is 500GB kioxia exceria ssd in the adapter, and when i insert both graphics card and nvme adapter system wont post.

but when i unplug graphics card and take the graphics support from cpu and plug the nvme adapter at first pcie x16 slot system boots up normally.

what could be the issue ?? can anyone solve this issue ?

So you were trying the RX570 on PCIex16_3.0_1 (E2_1rst Blue) and NVMe adapter on PCIex16_2.0_2 (E4_2nd Blue), and no post from bios on screen/no beep codes correct?

How about the booting iGPU and again the NVMe adapter remaining in the in PCIex16_2 (2nd Blue) or the GPU in it also as test (Vice versa)? You need to know if the 2nd slot is ok…also another GPU card instead of the RX570 to test it along the NVMe… a lot of tests you can do and even testing the adapter itself on another motherboard…NVMe badly seated, incompatibility etc etc…

EDIT: Yes test another GPU and also, as you stated, it can be bios settings, presumably it should be set as AHCI and CSM OFF (UEFI)…but what is really not easy to debug is in fact the absence of beep codes and no rom initialization…
Both slots will let the system boot with the NVMe adapter, using iGPU… another GPU must be tested with it.
Good luck.

Yes exactly.
i was trying to run RX570 on PCIex16_1 (1rst Blue) and NVMe adapter on PCIex16_2 (2nd Blue).
no post from bios or no any beep codes either.

i have changed their positions , graphics card on 2nd blue ssd on 1st blue and vice versa it doesn’t boot.
ssd boots normally in 1st blue and 2nd blue slots
graphics card is working normally, we taken it off from working system recently.

i can test with gf210 graphics card tomorrow but i think the issue is different, i think a bios setting causing the issue.