Ryzen 3200G + B450 Steel Legend motherboard + GTX 1660

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a Ryzen 3200G + Asrock B450 Steel Legend motherboard + GTX 1660.

Moving from a FX8350 and some generic Gigabyte motherboard.

GPU specifics - MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 192-Bit HDMI/DP 6GB GDRR5 HDCP Support DirectX 12 Dual Fan VR Ready OC Graphics Card (GTX 1660 VENTUS XS 6G OC)

What I am wanting to do is avoid having to reinstall my OS.

I have been looking around the internet and can see ‘Acronis’ can do a universal restore to dissimilar hardware.

I am struggling to establish a couple of things;

1) Which drivers do I need to uninstall from my OS before creating my backup that will be used as a restore the OS? (not sure if this needs to be done when using acronis universal restore, just taking this as a precautionary step).

2) What drivers do I need in order to get my restore OS up and running, Acronis asks for driver files when creating a USB boot drive.

I figure I need;

GPU driver
CPU driver/APU??
GTX 1660 driver
USB driver

Since the 3200G says Win 10 Support online on the website do I need a modded driver since I am running Win 7 Ultimate SP1?

I am hoping there is someone out there who can point me i the right direction on the exact links with the files I need (I am asking for direct links just so I don’t screw this up).

Thanks in advance for the help.

Bandit.

Hi, the easiest way to swap your System OS without reinstalling is perhaps use Windows tool SYSPREP.

The procedure is as follow: Open a cmd windows with admin rhigts, get c:\Windows\system32\sysprep, type sysprep, and in the GUI screen you’ll see: Enter System Out-of-box Experience (OOBE) below, check box Generalize, and in shutdown box, choose Shutdown.

It will work a few minutes, and when finish, it shutdown your system automatically. THAT’S ALL.

Then, you can remove your old hardware, and replace, mobo, DDR, etc. When all is ready, CONNECT A PS/2 MOUSE, AND THEN, you can power on your system, with the old HDD “syspreped”

The system began to start, and you’ll see the first screens like you are installing Windows from zero, but, THE MOST IMPORTANT, with all your app software ready. When appers the first logon screen, type your user name, and password, and the system begin to install drivers. Perhaps, most of drivers will install itself, but surely, your USB not works. With the PS/2 mouse, you can search for mobo drivers, AMD in your case, (you can follow an excelent tutorial and drivers in these section: [Solution] Win 7/Win8.1 x64 Ryzen APU Video driver(Update 2020.05.20, Vulkan/OpenCL API support!)

I hope my words will help you.