Sabertooth X79 Flashback dont work with UBU Modded Bios 4801

Hi,

i have modded the Sabertooth X79 with UBU 1.70 but the BIOS Flashback don´t work.

Here the Facts:

1.jpg

2.jpg

[[File:4.jpg|none|auto]]

[[File:5.jpg|none|auto]]

I´ve replaced Intel SATA Rom´s and EFI, Network Rom´s and Marvell Controller Rom´s with the newer Versions (as you can see in last Picture attached) and updated the Microcodes with MMTool 5.00.0007 (the newer one wont work on my Mainboard).

The i renamend the Bios File with UBU to SABERX79.CAP and copied it to a FAT32 formatted Pendrive.

After i shutdown my PC i connected it to the white Flashback Port and pressed the Flashback Button.

It blinks a while but not faster and then the LED turns into a solid light, but no modded Bios is flashed.

Anyone an Idea ?

Upate:

I tried AFUDOS and AFUWIN and get this Error: "secure flash function is not supported on this file"

Now it worked with Asus USB Flashback Method.

I tried another older USB 2.0 Pendrive then it worked

Good you found a working USB drive @Starfox it’s picky about USB drives sometimes, generally smaller/cheaper=better for this

the “usb flashback” is picky~~~
and fpt can’t work well in this board

i think you could try the aisuite??and exchange the original bios when you start flashing

FPT works, you just have to unlock FD if you want FPT to write to ME region, this applies to a large majority of boards (95%)