Samsung NVMe 960PRO, 960EVO drops out after PC Restart

@Fernando ,

After doing a set of in depth tests on different W10 x64 PC configurations using Samsung NVMe 960PRO and 960EVO devices (non system disks) I conclude that after a PC restart the 960 family devices may be dropped out.
I have reproduced the problem, 100% sure and systematically, when using some specific BIOS settings such as a higher CPU/RAM frequency.

Same tests done with Samsung NVMe 950 PRO, and same BIOS settings never get the 950 PRO device dropped out.
Tests were done using the same NVMe driver v2.1.0.1611.
Using standard BIOS settings is not sufficient to never observe a 960 dropping out: sometimes without any specific reason the 960 device drops out.
The 960 ‘drop out’ problem does increase if you increase CPU frequency or RAM frequency or the both CPU/RAM.

Nota: i750 NVMe SSD never ‘drop out’ using the same BIOS settings.

Conclusion:
The problem does seem specific to the new 960 NVMe controller device (Polaris family), and may be also to Samsung NVMe driver v2.1.0.1611.

Nota: To get back (intact) the dropped 960PRO/EVO device you have to SHUTDOWN the PC, then PC Reboot. You have no other method.

@100PIER I am curious. I wonder if it’s a problem with compatibility with the x99 chipset, or if it can be reproduced on my ASUS Maximus X with Z370 chipset?

I run my i7 8700k at 5GHz with the BCLK set to 101.00MHz so the CPU is actually running at 5,050 MHz and the DDR4 is set to 3466 MHz which is actually running at about 3,501 MHz and so far no problem with my 960 Pro M.2 set to mode PCIe x4. I guess though that you are talking about much higher clock speeds, or a very specific area of BIOS settings? Can you please share more information regarding what causes the SSD to drop out?

BTW I am also running the DDR4 tweaked at 15, 17, 17, 35, 2t. Where as for my DDRAM, SPD [or XMP] sets these to [CAS]16 [RAS to CAS]18 [RAS%]18 [tRAS]36 [CR]2t when set to run at 3466 MHz.

@myDNA

1) The drop out symptom was due to a buggy Samsung 960PRO/960EVO firmwares/ NVMe driver combination (one year ago).
Now, with the up to date 960PRO/960EVO firmwares/NVMe driver combination there is no problems.

2) I have built and fully tested for a friend an identical configuration (Z370, 8700K, 64GbB) as your Main System (Z370).
It is working perfectly and I have set exactly the same BIOS parameters as you.
However I used a bootable 950PRO 512GB for economical reasons.
I can share with you some benchs done if you want.
(I have also tested this PC with a HighPoint RAID0 NVMe add in card for a pure storage solution)