Samsung RAPID v1.1?

Samsung Magician just updated to v4.4. From the changelog, one of the improvements is RAPID v1.1 – which I’ve seen someone say that it brings great speed improvements.

Any idea what’s changed with v1.1?

The benchmark results are phantastic (look >here<).

The new RAPID version now can use up to 4GB RAM for caching purposes, the previous version only up to 1 GB RAM.
Since generally only up to 25% of the RAM will be used by Samsung’s Magician, the user gets the best results, when he has 16 GB of RAM running.

Tested new RAPID v1.1 on Dell e6230s.
Greatly improved performance. Highly recommend having 16GB of RAM.
Tested with 8GB of RAM and while the performance is still better than RAPID v1 not as good as v1.1 with 16GB of RAM.

The benchmark results are phantastic (look >here<).

The new RAPID version now can use up to 4GB RAM for caching purposes, the previous version only up to 1 GB RAM.
Since generally only up to 25% of the RAM will be used by Samsung’s Magician, the user gets the best results, when he has 16 GB of RAM running.

Great, thanks.

So do you think we would see benefits from general machine use? Or is it performance gains that will only be seen in benchmarks?

(That being said, I have an 840 Pro and will update to RAPID v1.1 regardless, because why not)

The performance boost while working is not as impressive as the benchmark results may suggest, but noticeable.
You should test it yourself.

After some more testing the boost from RAPID v1.1 is noticable but not close to what the benchmark indicates. Real world examples include use of MatLab, SolidWorks, and AutoCAD. While last two are a bit graphic intensive I noticed approx. 10% boost when launching the app or loading large files. Was expecting at least 20-30% boost, not even close.

Still no rapid in Raid 0, right?

Neither RAPID nor other Samsung Magician features.