Samsung SSD Rapid Mode

I have a Samsung 840 pro ssd and wondering about rapid mode. Is it a good thing to enable or is it just a placebo effect. Any thoughts…Ps.Check this out… http://techreport.com/review/25282/a-clo…g-840-evo-ssd/8

The use of the Samsung Magician’s "RAPID mode" will give you extremely good benchmark results, but no advantage for your daily work. What the benchmark tools are measuring is not the performance of the SSD, but the performance of your PC’s memory, which is used for data caching.

Should I leave it on. My pc ram is 16 gigs ddr3 2400 gskill.

You can do what you want. Since I found, that my system runs more stable without RAPID, I have disabled it.

I believe there’s more to it than that Fernando, Rapid does Write Coalescing.
The 4K etc chunks of data are coalesced into sequential, erase block sized chinks before being writing to NAND.

Coalescing means that a lot of writes/updates to the same file/s happen in RAM, dramatically cutting down on the total data written to disk, increasing lifespan.

As writes are large and sequential; the random 4K write numbers no longer apply and the un-Rapided sequential write #s are more in line with the actual write speeds.

Windows is also a mixed workload at around 75/25% simultaneous read/writes and those #s generally drop down to ~30% of the max 100% read speed:

Being able to time writes to what would normally be an idle time, so they don’t interfere with reads should be hugely beneficial.

Should be… theoretically…
You have the benchmark numbers/experience, not I (yet; Just got an 840 Evo)