SCSI Disk Device?

Hello everybody.

I have an ASRock Z77 Extreme4 MB with Windows 10 x64 and all current Drivers / Patches.
When I install the AHCI driver 13.1.0.1058, the name “SCSI Disk Device” appears on an SSD and HDD.
But not with another SSD (Samsung Evo 850).

Did I install something wrong?
Thx for your support.

@Mark3Dfx :
The suffix “SCSI Disk Device” is a feature and nothing to worry about.
Are these disk drives shown as “Safely removable devices”?
Which devices do you see within the “Storage Controllers” section of the Device Manager?

- No.

Thx und Grüße aus Deutschland :wink:

@Mark3Dfx :
Thanks for your reply.
Which SSDs/HDDs are connected to Intel SATA ports and which ones to ASMedia SATA ports?

Intel SATA3 Ports
SATA3_0 = Crucial SSD
SATA3_1 = Samsung SSD

ASMedia SATA3 Ports
SATA3_A0 = empty
SATA3_A1 = empty

@Mark3Dfx :
Thanks for your answers.
Additional questions:
1. Where is your Western Digital HDD connected?
2. With which SATA mode (IDE/AHCI/RAID) is your on-board ASMedia SATA Controller running? It is strange, that it is listed within the “Storage Controllers” section.

Hallo Fernando

1. SATA2_2 Port (Intel Z77 SATA2 Port)
2. "ASMedia SATA3 Mode = AHCI"
"SATA Boot ROM = Disabled"

@Mark3Dfx :
What happens, when you temporarily replace the Intel AHCI driver my the MS in-box driver?

@Mark3Dfx :
Thanks for the screenshot of the Device Manager, which verifies, that after the replacement of the AHCI driver the Crucial SSD is now detected as a “normal” (non-SCSI) disk drive, but regarding the WD HDD disk drive nothing has been changed (still detected as SCSI disk).
I am not sure, but I suspect, that these differences have somethig to do with the “Hot Plug/Savely Remove” abilities of the disk drives.
Anyway it is nothing to worry about. You should choose the AHCI driver, which gives your system the best performance and the best stability.

Many thanks for your efforts and help for my little problem.

In the BIOS, I disabled hot-plugging on all storage devices.
Since I do not run RAID I follow your recommendation and stay with the pure 13.1.0.1058 driver without RST software as the best driver for the Z77 chipset?

Yes, this is what I recommend to do.