Asus Z97 Maximus VII Hero Readjustable BAR

Okay, I see, this behaviour is somewhat unfortunate. :sweat_smile:
I do not think that I will dig that deep into that, since I do not have much knowledge about that. :smile:

The black display occures still on official BIOS, I did not test any modified BIOS yet.
Which is the reason why I find it strange, that this happens.

Thank you for providing an updated list of patches.
I guess with that it is no longer needed to insert the NvramSmi from BIOS 1104?

According to EVGA Precision X1 my VBIOS should be up to date.

It was very helpful for me, so thank you very much. :slight_smile:

Indeed, with those patches you no longer require inserting nvramsmi from older BIOS.

Kuri0 recommends having 4G decode on regardless, says it’ll boost performance by few frames.

Good luck :slightly_smiling_face:

so 1104 does have the option to enable 4g decode in the bios or its just hidden, and the ability to force bios use UEFI instead CSM?

or 3502 didnt have the 4g decode string?

You CAN use 4g decode on 1104 and 3502. They’re under boot tab.
The difference in term of moddin/pqtching is that after 1104 we can’t write to UEFI as Asus locked it for safety reasons, which required us to copy nvramsmi from 1104 and insert it to newer BIOS versions like 3502 to enable write us to write to UEFI again. This was before i found the patch that alloedw us to write to UEFI, which made copying nvramsmi to 3502 or other versions unnecessary.

Hopefully this made things clearer.

1 Like

Hey dears! Thank you very much. I would like stay sure, if this Flash any / most asus motherboard bios in dos with... - Republic of Gamers Forum - 735168 is the correct method for flashing you modded.rom file or how should i flash it?, i have a Maximus VII Hero and i want use your modded bios. Thank you for this great work!

Can run my stable 4790k 4.7ghz? and get the ReBar ? I have 32 GB of RAM, and my M.2 is connecting using PCI port and adaptarter of m.2 to PCI

Hello,

I’ve used the guide you linked as a backup for flashing in case something went wrong. However, I mainly used the AFUWinx64 flashing method and it worked flawlessly with me.

You can find the link for the program in my first post, and the guide to use it here:

Edit: read your edit, I’ve ran mine on 4.7Ghz for a while during fall/winter untily cpu thermal throttled and reverted back to 4.6Ghz.
It unfortunately will only run with 24GB of ram, and 32GB will give you an error. The main reason is that the bios will require further patching to support 32GB, and I have no experience in doing any of that.
As for the M.2, I don’t have one installed, so I dunno.
Also, expect to have few beeps during boot. Keyboard and mouse(USB) are not detected after you enable 4G decoding and turning off CSM

1 Like

Ty bro, I’ve flashed your modded bios, but i dont understand, if i use this BIOS only can use 24GB of RAM? or it happend when try enable the resizeable bar? or when use patches with UEFIPatch.exe ?

I am new in this. All looks nice and stay working for me but i am waiting for enable ReBar

Honestly, I’ve forgotten. I’ve done it in december-ish and don’t recall the small details.

I THINK that it happens after you enable 4G decoding and turn off CSM and them set the calue in Kuri0’s program.

And, yes. You will only be able to use 24GB of ram. You’ll get a boot post error beeps and reboot indefinitely if you have 32GB of ram.

In case you run into any problems. Clear your CMOS.

Best of luck

1 Like

Broooo help me please, now my pc is on blackscreen, the mouse and keyboard are turn on but cant see nothing. Try clean CMOS but i cant enter in BIOS i am afraid xD

What should i do? Bro do you have telegram? Could give a small hand, i am @junklont here

EDIT:SOLVED, reboot without GPU and use iGPU to disable ReBar.
Ty very much guys (I sensed the ultimate demise in my heart hahahahah xD)

there is an update to rebar module, you could download the latest rebardxe on the github and replace it using mmtool, since the new version would also reset the nvram value for rebardxe once cmos reset is detected

@Cursemex did you test it? I
@Koekieezz could I do it using the .rom file of cursemex? Or could someone help us to do it, I feel that a mistake could broke all, i dont feel secure for add the new module to file.

Test what? The new rebar module? No, I haven’t touched it since I’ve set it up last time.

If you have 32gb of ram, your gpu won’t load. As I’ve said, I haven’t tested the new updated program, so I don’t know if anything has changed. Assuming you have (4x8GB), you’ll need to remove one or two of the ram sticks to run on 24GB or 16GB of ram, respectively, if you want to use rebar without the blackscreen. The value you should enter is 14 which will allocate 16GB of ram, if you enter 15 it’ll calculate 32GB of ram and you’ll run into issues such as black screen.

As for the new module, I’ve made a new ROM with it just now.
I have not applied it myself since I have work and university, and won’t do so until I’m done with this semester in late May. I need my pc up and running until then :sweat_smile:

So you can try it at your own risk. For precaution, have the unmodified 3503 bios on a stick following the flash guide you linked for backup flashing in case anything goes awry. I’ve followed my own guide to patch it, but I’m about to fall asleep, so I may be exaggerating the risks, but you never know :stuck_out_tongue:

Best of luck

Edit: Going through my old files, seems like I missed a step and one file. :man_facepalming: It’ll give you an error when assigning value to UEFI.
I’ll need to re-write the guide at some point.
Anyways, here’s the “fixed” version. Let me know if it works if you do test it.

1 Like

@Cursemex the only thing the new rebar module adds is CMOS reset fix. So yeah there’s no point in upgrading the module for you

2 Likes

@Cursemex Thank u very much bro, according to @Kuri0 No new changes that allow use my 32 gb of RAM, i would like test the final build when can use all my RAM. I prefer waiting for you guys and doing the things with careful

Thank you guys, if you need something for help us, please says me!

@Cursemex Hi again bro, Could you share me the stock or modified ROM file the which have support for overclock over 1333hz ? I cant do overclock to my RAM and it looks in CPU-Z like 800mz or less :confused: I would like fix it.

Do you have any custom ROMs besides the manufacturer’s original one, that would support this feature? And in case you don’t have one, could you provide me with the original Bios in the ROM format? so that I can flash it as you instructed me.

Thank u very much !!!

@Cursemex
When can we expect a “FULLY-COMPLETED” offer of the modded BIOS?

@Milor123 I have the same thing on my side.
You can just use the official BIOS .CAP file and flash it using the flash utility in the bios. No need for it to be in .ROM extension since only modified BIOS need to be in that format.

@Fernando Until someone on Kuri0’s level or higher can patch the 32GB ram bug. Now it seems we have a ram overclock bug too :man_facepalming:
If it is the name of the thread, I can change it.

1 Like

RAM bug is probably related to Intel ME issue.

Maybe re-doing the BIOS mods with only MMTool can fix this.

As for the 32GB bug I’m not working on it but see Code 12 in Windows with Tesla M40 (24gb) and Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe with Enable 4G and ReBarUEFI activated · Issue #45 · xCuri0/ReBarUEFI · GitHub someone else has tried fixing it though low priority.

1 Like

Yes, you are the first Forum member, who tries to offer a SEMI-COMPLETED BIOS for the public.

If you need help to get a BIOS properly modified or to get a self-modded BIOS properly working, you should better post into the BIOS Modding Request section.
The Modded BIOS Offer Forum section is designed for Forum members, who want offer a self-modded properly working BIOS.

Thank u very much @Koekieezz and all guys for the replies !!
I will try use yout M7H mod .cap :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Question, what things have this mod version?