Severe Windows 10 Stuttering

I finally decided to reinstall windows 10 after not being able to update from 1607 or 1703. (Not sure whether the install was blocked or just bad system corruption issues), but the system performed okay. Now after updating to 1909 i get severe stuttering, which i believe is due to an issue with RST drivers. The stuttering begins as soon as a mouse is visible during the fresh install.

Specs:
i7-950 (no current OC)
24gb triple channel
Asus p6t deluxe v2 – X58 Ich10r (current bios)
raid 1 on two 1tb WD black and raid 0 on two 128gb ssds

Question: Clean install of 1703 works out the gate with version 13.X rst driver. Any never version of the Rst drive causes stuttering. Also, any newer version of win10 is pre-loaded with a newer version of the RST driver and therefore doesn’t work.

Is there any way to force windows to use an older driver when currently booted into the OS? If not, and a slipstream of older driver/removal of bad drive is necessary; Is there a max version of win10 that I will be able to use? (Not sure if there is an internal limitation of win10 that prevents usage of older drivers)

@Knox :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
You are right: It is the Win10 in-box Intel RST RAID driver v15.44.x.xxxx of the latest Win10 versions, which is not compatible anymore with your old Intel X58 chipset system.
This is what I recommend to do:

1. Download the latest Win10 version (best choice: Build 19041) and the latest NTLite free version.
  2. Replace the Win10 in-box Intel RAID driver v15.44.0.15 by the Intel RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 within the boot.wim and install.wim of Win10 according to >this< guide.
  3. Do a fresh Win10 install onto your old Intel RAID system.

Enjoy the performance and stability of your old Intel ICH10R RAID system!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

>Is there any way to force windows to use an older driver when currently booted into the OS?
without reinstalling, if i recall correctly you can use the "Have Disk" manual update method in device manager to force the older driver, and clean the remains of it via DriverStoreExplorer (RAPR).

Thanks, I cant believe that it took so long to search and figure out this issue. Glad that i found this site again. Was worried that there may have been some incompatibility with other subsystems and the older driver.

Thanks for the great guide, apparently Nlite is now requiring a license to remove "blue locked" components.

@Knox :
Nuhi made an exception for the removal of the iastorav.inf file, but I don’t know whether this is still valid for the latest NTLite versions.