[Solution] Win7/8.1 Drivers for USB 3.0/3.1 Controllers of new AMD Chipset Systems

Try the new driver, it’s already update.

Hello,

I am at an begginer-amateur lvl with this stuff so… by system u mean windows7 and by patches u mean adding to the iso some packs?

How do i add and what should i add?

I want to make a clean install from usb if possible.

Sorry in advance for my lack of know how :expressionless:

Use this tool:
UpdatePack7R2 - simplix.info
https://blog.simplix.info/update7/#history

Hi, I have an ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus WIFI II with Ry 9 5900X and there are some issues with the boot logo. I have integrated the drivers to a clear install.wim with DISM, then applied the simplix update pack. After the initial installation everything seems fine but sometimes the system freezes on the win logo. 1-2 resets usually help, sometimes it goes as far as 5 resets and then it launches as if nothing happened. There are two devices in the device manager which could not get a driver (MTK Bluetooth & WiFi 6) but they were disabled there manually and that seemed to make these crashes more rare. However, this still happens from time to time. CSM is enabled, mode set to “UEFI Only”. Resizable BAR is disabled (I’m not even sure whether ASUS allows turning it on when CSM is on). Right now I have my system installed on an NVMe, but a regular SATA SSD had the same issue. No other systems are installed at the moment, the drive was clear (with SATA there also was Win10 with its boot loader OS selection which seemed to crash on the boot logo every single time I restarted 10 to log into 7 without turning the PC off completely and waiting a few seconds). Any ideas how to get rid of this? The drivers I am using are the ones labeled “AMD official USB driver modified version”.

Enable CSM.
Resizable BAR and above 4G need disabled.
When you use simplix update, do not use its usb driver.

2 Likes

Getting rid of universal usb driver from simplix pack seemed to help, thank you.

@canonkong

Which of the motherboard manufacturers do not require the modified acpi.sys file to use with the 7000 series AMD processors. I know you have mentioned MSI in the past, are there any other brands that only require your modified drivers to work?

None. Other mainboards needs mod acpi.sys or mod bios to aviod A5 BSOD. MOD drivers can work on all brands.

1 Like

OK, Thanks.
My 3900X is currently on a MSI motherboard (which I like a lot), but MSI has been having some challenges with the bios on a lot of their AM5 boards. So, I guess I’ll wait a while till the MSI bios stabilize some more. I know others have said it throughout the forum, but without your hard work and dedication, none of this would be possible. Thank you so much for allowing us to use Windows 7 on the latest hardware.

@canonkong
I’m thinking of trying the modified acpi.sys. Is there a forum discussion you could direct me to so I could find out more about it, and the changes it incorporates? If not, could you briefly list the changes, and any disadvantages compared to the original acpi?
Thanks.

I use PCI-E to 1394 cards to make an ACPI.sys debug with win7 on the mainboards that have A5 BSOD. All A5 mainboards post AMLILoadDDB failed to load DDB. So why will AMLILoadDDB failed to load DDB on the new platforms? The BIOS were made without check out the ACPI tables have duplicates in the bios.
For example:

Gigabyte B650 bios dump:

DSDT:
Scope (_GPE)
{
Method (_L08, 0, NotSerialized) // _Lxx: Level-Triggered GPE, xx=0x00-0xFF

AmdCpmOemAcpi (3821290E-B8DD-4821-8182-0361DE51609D):
Scope (\_GPE)
{
Name (NGP0, 0x55)
Name (NGP2, 0x55)
Method (OL08, 0, NotSerialized)

BIOS renames OL08 to _L08 and becomes a duplicate Method that crashes Windows 7.

So need to mod bios or use mod acpi.sys to aviod this mistakes.
How to modify the acpi.sys?
Here is the method, just change the acpi.sys: 48 8B CF E8 90 E2 FD FF 85 C0 78 2E 48 8B 44 to 48 8B CF E8 90 E2 FD FF 31 C0 78 2E 48 8B 44, then sign the file. To make this change, can make the win7 acpi.sys block to report AMLILoadDDB failed to load DDB error and aviod A5 BSOD.

2 Likes

So I have a Gigabyte Aorus Elite B550, Ryzen 5 5500,5700XT and am having trouble getting mouse and keyboard to work. I slipstreamed the zip file above using NTLite and have enabled CSM/disabled BAR/4G decoding. I reach the windows install screen and cannot use my mouse/keyboard(no lights at all). Ive tried multiple ports(including the marked 2.0/1.1) and still no life.

I tried adding a PCIE USB Fresco Logic FL100 card and the same instance occurs(with the drivers slipstreamed as well). I have no PS2 port so unfortunately that isn’t an option.

Am I missing something here?

It look like there may be two ways forward.
1 Use a different computer either with an installed copy of Windows 7, or install it there, then add all of the modified canonkong drivers with DriverStore explorer. See this link:
https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/ryzen-windows-7.424909/page-8 (15 posts down)
2. Get an actual PCIE to usb2 card, most newer USB2 cards emulates the USB 2 ports with a USB3 chipset, still requiring the non-existing (in your install) USB drivers.

You need to double check whether NTLite actually modified boot.wim too. I personally forgot to put checkmark in the “apply” tab several times in a row. With these drivers I have 4x usb 3.0 working on my B550, but not usb 2 nor 3.1 (they will work after installation, though). Usb 2 generally doesn’t work if it’s the one next to PS/2, from what I can tell.

You can also try replacing install.esd from Windows 10 installer with modified install.wim from windows 7 and it seems to work, but I am honestly not aware of problems this method might introduce.

That was the way to go! (The first option), installed on an Intel laptop and used Sysprep to get it ready/installed drivers with the ISO prior so they were already there. Cloned my install to my Intel 760p NVME SSD and so far so good except one issue

It seems I get stuck on the Windows loading screen every few boots(for example, 2 boots it “freezes” at the end of the logo and the 3rd it finally gives and boots up normally). Above 4G and BAR are disable so not sure if I’m missing or forgot to install something that’s preventing flawless booting every boot

I did take another look and I made sure to check everything over, unfortunately I couldn’t get it to work. Another solution posted was the way I “installed” it.

A couple of things could be causing the hang at the loading screen. If your bios has a CSM mode make sure its checked, in addition try toggling XHCI Hand-Off mode to ON as well. Show non-present devices in Device Manager and delete any which are not in use and grayed out.

Doubled checked, CSM is enabled. And as for XHCI Hand-off it is enabled. I noticed Port 60/64 emulation was enabled and disabled that. Seems to be booting without any freezing now. I’ve done about 5-7 shutdowns and restarts no issue. Hopefully that was the cause.

Screenshot of HWINFO64 and System properties if anyone wanted to see. As a kid I always wanted to max that Windows Experience Index(I was 10 or 11 when Windows 7 was introduced to me?). Added my “OEM” for fun too

1 Like

AntonioMrk7
Disable fTPM?

“As a kid I always wanted to max that Windows Experience Index”
I know, I was really bummed out when I found out that Windows 7 topped out at 7.9 since I really wanted to reach 10.