[Solution] Win7/8.1 Drivers for USB 3.0/3.1 Controllers of new AMD Chipset Systems

canonkong has said that the MSI boards are the only ones not to have the acpi error, or require a modified acpi.

EDIT: This comment is about the AM5 boards.

With my AM4 boards from Gigabyte, I also had crashes during the installation. But I had a strange realization. Before the installation I turned off the multithreading function (SMT) and everything went fine without modified ACPI. Very mysterious!

Edit: Without SMT, ACPI is restricted and the S3 sleep state is not selectable.

@canonkong I am trying to install Win7 on my Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2 (rev1.1) with BIOS F17c. I integrated the drivers in boot.wim but the USB keyboard and mouse do not work during installation. The ASUS drivers however work. Why is that?

EDIT: I used the win10 boot.wim to install my W7 and it works too.

Had the same problem and solved it like this:

In addition to other drivers and updates, I integrated the kb3125574-v4 (Rollup 2016) into the boot.wim and install.wim with NTLITE. Then the modified USB drivers also works during installation.

Edit: The rollup cannot be integrated correctly without the servicing stack update (kb4490628 or more recent version). So it should also be integrated.

My favorite Win7-updates (boot.wim and install.wim):

• kb4474419-v3 (SHA2)
  • KB4490628 (SSU)
  • kb3125574-v4 (Rollup 2016)
  • KB2920188 (TPM 2.0)
  • KB2990941-v3, KB3087873-v2 (NVMe)

What will be the best MB for Ryzen 5 PRO 3350GE ?

Hello guys, may I ask why my PC dont have Processor tab in Management?

B550 MSI & Ryzen 5600x

I got the same “issue” with my Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2 and my 5600.
Would be interested in the reason behind that.

@canonkong Thank you for your work! Would you mind telling me the steps to mod USB drivers to work with the Dark Hero motherboard (except for signing the drivers)? I was wondering if a simple inf edit of 1.0.0.3 would do the trick! :smiley:

Because the BIOS of these motherboards uses a new device ID, the Win7 system cannot recognize it, so the hardware manager does not display it correctly, but it does not affect CPU performance, energy conservation, and boost.

1 Like

Yes, mod 1.0.0.3 driver inf file also can work.

A520/B550 and 600 series mainboards bios have this promlem,but it does not affect CPU performance, energy conservation, and boost funtions.

2 Likes

Is it possibler to add the device IDs to Windows, so it’s displayed correctly?
In your screenshots it appears correctly.

Only modify the bios can appears correctly.

I’m having some trouble finding the 1.0.0.3 version of the USB driver that I could mod to work with Dark Hero. Any ideas where it could be downloaded from an official source?

I’ve been extracting a bunch of driver files and googling but none say version 1.0.0.3 for the USB drivers.

Here’s an example of a place I’ve been looking:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x470

The only USB 3.1 driver I seem able to find is 1.0.0.12

You can fine the 1.0.0.13 from the AMD graphsic cards driver.

1.0.0.13 almost the same with 1.0.0.12,just remove the support about device 15E5.

Thank you! I would never have guessed there was a USB driver hiding inside that graphics card package! :smiley:

So is the 1.0.0.13 the driver you recommend modding the inf of to work with Dark Hero, rather than 1.0.0.3?

It is my mistake,1.0.0.3 is 1.0.0.13, I miss the number 1.

Thank you very much for all of your help!

I have now modded and also signed the AMD USB driver that came with the graphics package.

These files seem to be matching those in the “USB IOD” folder from your driver pack.
Do I also need to mod and install the drivers in the “USB Controller” folder?
I’m thinking maybe the IOD drivers are enough to cover the ports on Dark Hero, and the “Controller” folder contains some generic usb driver ported from Win 8?

You not need to modify them. Here have the signing driver you need: AMD official USB driver modified version (Especially ASUS motherboard must use this version):