[Solution] Win7 drivers for USB 3.0/3.1 Controllers of new Intel chipset systems

Thanks, Reducer. I decided not to add the extra lines that I commented on above. I believe that it is not safe to add an unofficial driver for any device, so now I have limited myself to the following lines:

AMD:
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_13ED
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_13EE
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_148C
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_149C
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_15D4
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_15D5
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1639

Intel:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9DED
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_31A8

No problem adding new HWID's after verification. The new version of Win7USB3 2.0 is already available.

Hi PatrickK,

I installed your deWin7x64_Pro_SP2.10.iso and it works very good.
Now I tried your slipstreaming script en mobile slipstreaming x64 v1.1.zip
on en_windows_7_professional_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_676939.iso.
Your batch file looks very well written! But it produces errors during this statement:
dism\dism /image:mount /add-driver /driver:DriverSP2.9\x64 /recurse /forceunsigned
Error message:

Extract from C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log:

Could you please have a look? If you need more info please tell me.

@StartMeUp Wow, I am surprised, thank you for your compliment on my batch file, nice to read that, especially because you write it bold. Do you have a job or a hobby that has something to do with scripting ?
Ok, my first guess is to ask you if you run the script as administrator ?

Hi PatrickK,
thanks for your reply. I do scripting for a job, mainly using PowerShell and Python.
Yes, I ran your script with admin rights - and I read your readme file :slight_smile:

@StartMeUp Cool, that makes your complement even better for me :slight_smile:
Good that you read it.
Did you notice the errir code hr:0x80070005 ? I suggest that you google that and see if you did some ‘mods’ on you Windows installation.
I am not really into reading log files, usually I google the error code and try what works if I think I have enough information.
Typical questions/thoughts/ideas/standard questions:

What hardware are you using?
Do you have some kind of so called ‘antivirus software’ installed ? If yes I recommend to uninstall it anyways.
Did you run a sfc -scannow in cmd ?
Is your RAM ok ? How about memtest86 booted from a usb flash drive, that’s the way I do it before I really start to play around with a computer. (You wouldn’t need to run the entire test, usually, but not alway, the ram errors occur a couple second after starting the software.

.> Did you notice the errir code hr:0x80070005 ? I suggest that you google that and see if you did some ‘mods’ on you Windows installation.
I already did, but until now I did not find anything useful on the web for this kind of error.

.> Typical questions/thoughts/ideas/standard questions: …
I don’t think answering these questions will help: read on :slight_smile:

I made some progress: I modified your “create ISO.bat” to use “de_windows_7_professional_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_676919.iso” along with your “Treiber2.10.7z”. Everything else in the batch file remained unchanged.
Guess what? The batch file WORKED flawlessly without any errors!

But, as we know, this same batch file (i.e. your original file) does NOT work with “en_windows_7_professional_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_676939.iso” and “DriverSP2.9”.
I even tried to use your batch file with a different .iso: “en_windows_7_professional_x64_dvd_x15-65805.iso” and “DriverSP2.9”. Same errors.

Do you have any idea why the “de” combo works, but the “en” combo fails?

Update:
My modified “create ISO.bat” using the combo “en_windows_7_professional_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_676939.iso” and “Treiber2.10.7z” WORKED.

Conclusion:
There must be something wrong with “DriverSP2.9”, because the combo “en_windows_7_professional_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_676939.iso” and “DriverSP2.9” does NOT work.

To superyijia, Postcard88 and others.
#205 still has the links to download…

Here are modded Intel drivers v17 from DriverStore of fresh Windows 7 Many-in-1 setup ISOs by m0nkrus - attached.
As mirror - https://www73.zippyshare.com/v/fRzWJMbw/file.html
At least they work on old DEV_ID 8C31 (no problem with USB 2.0 I wrote before) and new 9DED at first look.

Intel_v17mod.zip (3.98 MB)

The link returns "forbidden"

@bloodhand No, I wasn’t able to install Windows 7 with UEFI pure UEFI. I had to enable CSM in the bios. I was only able to install Windows 7 on a gpt disk when I finished building my new PC, which has a Z390 board and an i7 9700k. Even then, it was pretty hard. I had a different thread in those forums where they helped me do it. Right now I am dual booting 7 and 10.
If you haven’t already seen it, here it is.
https://www.sevenforums.com/installation…ps-2-ports.html

The link returns "forbidden"

That post has been updated, package is attached now.

@StartMeUp Hy, I didn’t forget about you.
I copied my mobile sliptreaming script v1.1 and en_windows_7_professional_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_676939.iso on my main machine and on of my test pcs with a new installed Windows 7 and had no problems.
Maybe it has something to do with the forceit option and/or your installation running under secure boot ?

Greetings form Switzerland.

Hello guys! Is there any chance that someone can share intel usb 3.0/3.1 driver for B360 chipset with me (Win7x64)? Seems all the links are cleared off the tread or I’m just ocmpletely blind. Thanks in advance!

@iPetrovich You are not blind, it seems that canonkong himself has removed the links and written a reson for that which I don’t understand what it means.
You can download those drivers off of my FTP download link.

@PatrickK Thank you very much! But I’m definetely blind cause I cant find your FTP
Could you write a link?

@iPetrovich You are welcome.
Yes, because there is no one in my previous comment, you have to go back to get it, I posted it multiple times already and I don’t want to post it again and again. Maybe I will write a copy-paste-comment with my link in the future, like I do with some standards-advice on other help forums, especially Facebook.

@iPetrovich
Find post #205 on 14th page with links.
Password for them in post #20.

#285 has different drivers from another author.

What is the password for links in the post #205

@nika1
In post #20.

Device ID Lists
10700K, EVGA Z490 FTW,
https://linux-hardware.org/index.php?probe=30eedadad5
10100 ASUS PRIME Z490-P
https://linux-hardware.org/index.php?probe=a3e534b4f8

@canonkong @PatrickK @aladinsinbad @NewcomerAI: thank you thank you for your hard work and generosity.
Will try to keep my questions as simple as possible.
Apologies if the answer is obvious, I’m on a steep learning curve but determined to
do this build,stay on W7 and expand my knowledge base .
Just in the process of building my first dedicated off line system, ASUS Z390-A motherboard,
questions are;

1.Do the drivers in #205 need to be integrated into the iso provided by aladinsinbad in post #206 ?
2.If yes, do I need to install both sets of USB 3 drivers provided or only one set. If only one, which one ?
3. Once the iso is ready to go, I will need to purchase an activation code in order to complete the W7 installation.

Thanks again.