[Solution] Win7 drivers for USB 3.0/3.1 Controllers of new Intel chipset systems

Hello!

@Fernando :
OK, no problem.
I congratulate you on the useful forum - a great job!

@canonkong :
Thanks for the driver!
I also plan to install Windows 7 via WinNTSetup, especially because I want to keep and Windows 10.

I wish you a nice day and all the best!

Hi, I tried your driver this morning on a C246 chipset and it worked perfectly. The C246 is the workstation version of the Z390. I also have a 9th gen CPU.

With a modified ISO burned on a DVD, I installed Win7 on the NVMe hard drive, but none of the USB ports worked. So this morning, with remote desktop connection, I installed the driver and the USB ports became available. I didnā€™t tried a lot of things, but the mouse is working, and I reached 90Mb/s with a USB3 stick. The files copied were not corrupted. So at least for my use, your driver will do the job.

Motherboard ; GIGABYTE C246M-WU4
CPU : i5-9600K

Thanks a lot

@fdamours :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Only MS in-box or WHQL certified storage drivers are accepted during the OS installation, but once the OS is up, you can install drivers, which have been digitally signed by a trustworthy Company.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@canonkong
Can you give the link to original (unmodded) version of Intel drivers with version 5.0.5.55?

@DeathBringer
I donā€™t have original (unmodded) version of Intel drivers with version 5.0.5.55. It just modified base on 5.0.5.43v2. Itā€™s just easy to distinguish between original and modified drivers, so I renamed it version 5.0.5.55.

@canonkong
Itā€™s rather strange. Original file iusb3xhc.sys from 5.0.5.43v2 has size - 816Ā 640 bytes.
But your modded file iusb3xhc.sys has size - 809Ā 568 bytes.

@DeathBringer
Because the original file is double signatures, and the file I am modifying is a SHA1 single signature.

@canonkong
I got it. Did you tried to patch this driver by my method for graphics drivers?

@DeathBringer
Patch usb drivers or UHD630 driversļ¼Ÿ There are about dozens of methods to modify the usb drivers ļ¼ŒID replace can not work as a generic driver. Analog device IDļ¼Œlike UHD630 driver analog to KBL ID can work as a generic, but it is not perfect. So I use IDA7.0 to modify it, use jmp and nop to block the ID Identification and Configuration Zoneļ¼Œmake it work as a generic driver.
I also modified some UHD630 driversļ¼Œbut it just work on analog a KBL ID. Fail to use ID replace and block ID zone.

@canonkong
OK

@DeathBringer @canonkong
This is the thread about USB drivers for Win7.
If you want to discuss display drivers, please start another thread.

Hi. Nice work here guys. Is it possible to install USB type C driver (UCSI) on Windows 7?

@bloodhand
Itā€™s possible to install USB type C driver on Windows 7. But it maybe just work as a normal usbļ¼ŒI donā€™t any device to tset itļ¼Œexcept a Type-C USB HUB and a Type-C to Nvmeļ¼Œthey can work. But I donā€™t know whether it will work on a monitor or not.

Ok, but what driver do I have to use? My device id is: ACPI\USBC000

have a look,mark it.

@canonkong I just signed up to say THANK YOU. Great job.

@canonkong , Many thanks!

@canonkong :
Ok, but what driver do I have to use? My device id is: ACPI\USBC000. Someone said that ucmucsi "USB Connection Manager" cannot be installed under Windows 7,because the driver is integrated into win10 and there is a stock driver which cannot pe ported because win7 has no such support.

@bloodhand
Tell me the USB-C all device ID and Compatible ID. Only ACPI/USBC000 is not enough.

@canonkong

any chance you could help with some info on how to install windows 7 from bootable usb with your driver integrated into iso or something?

right now have win10 installed on z390 motherboard with the A36D usb device, and setup wont let me progress and is always asking for the usb drivers, even if im connected with ps2 keyboard only,

is it impossible to integrate your driver on the win7 iso or it can be done somehow?

thanks