[Solution] Win7 drivers for USB 3.0/3.1 Controllers of new Intel chipset systems

@alexander86
We can use a software name “Dism++” to add the driver into the images. Also we can use PE system run winNTsetup to intall win7 and add the USB driver.

Where should I look? It’s the only unknown device in device manager, further USB 3.0 working fine. Should I give you the device ids from installed USB 3.0?

Can you post links please? I want to try it on my B360 in WinPE.

Thanks

@George_King
It is still testing,when I finish it, I will post it.

@bloodhand
Post like this.
http://www.smartredirect.de/redir/clickG…modded-143.html

@canonkong :
https://postimg.cc/gallery/3fa2qaxwg/

canonkong
Big thanks, Z390 usb ports perfect work. (no disable verify digital signatures)

To all people with issues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0xqUoHUVAo

Thanks to all the parties involved, the drivers released by reducer, dricks and canonkong successfully unlock the USB2.0 / USB3.0 / USB3.1 features of the Z390 chipset (A36D device identifier).

I have been using / testing / benchmarking all the Z390 USB ports of my Asus Z390 WS Pro motherboard with a 9900K CPU, and have not experienced a single issue.

So a big thank you for this collective effort.

This + wufuc + the UHD630 driver released by Canonkong in another thread of this site, allows full usage of W7 on the Z390/9900K, which makes for an incredibly fast and stable system, without the threat of the uncontrollable W10 update train.

1 Like

@canonkong
Any change to make UCSI USB (USB-C) to work under Windows 7? I guess not, it’s only available in Win10. I tried using driver from Win10, but even if I sign it, it doesn’t work, because it’s a stock win driver…

The drivers he sent for me make usb c automatically work
maybe its different for you

@canonkong

@Prodif

sorry if the links were posted already but i’m unsure exactly which driver to download, can either of you guys please post a link to the driver that enables A36D usb 3.1 port on z390 motherboard in windows 7?
I need a driver that I can add to the win7 iso with DISM, I know how to do it, just dont have the driver…

do I have to worry about signing or certificates etc? or just add to iso with DISM and it should work next time i boot win7 iso from usb key?
or, can I skip adding the driver to the iso and just put it in a folder on the usb key and load it next time win7 install fails and asks for driver?

please note that I can’t even install win7 with ps2keyboard/mouse from my win7 usb boot stick, it fails and asks for usb driver, so I need the driver to be able to be loaded during install/added to iso, thanks for any help!

EDIT: I guess the 32bit and 64bit driver links in the first post in this thread by you @canonkong is the correct ones I need for my A36D ports to work in windows 7 ? what is difference between 32bit and 64bit in this case and what is best to use?
can I just put these in a folder on my win7 usb boot stick and load when windows 7 install fails and asks for driver? I have a ps2 keyboard I can use for the installation, but right now it wont even let me install with ps2keyboard and requires driver,

thanks and appreciate any help

Password on the zip files ?

The passkey in the 1st post is in all white so you have to select it to make it more readable.

The passkey in the 1st post is in all white so you have to select it to make it more readable.

Please finish this unwanted puzzle & tell the pass key on the driver zip!

Update : So the pass key is : xiaofengmod

did anyone have success integrating these drivers into a win7 iso or loading them during win7 install on z390 motherboard?, I need to do load the drivers on to my win7 usb stick…

did anyone have success integrating these drivers into a win7 iso or loading them during win7 install on z390 motherboard?, I need to do load the drivers on to my win7 usb stick…

1. Are you aware of : [Guide] Integration of drivers into a Win7/8/10 image
2. Don’t you have USB 2 ports with boot support ? Make installation from a USB 2.0 port, Get the right Hardware IDs for unknown devices from Device Manager & try out the driver(s)

1 = I know you can use DISM or poweriso for example to integrate drivers into a iso, I am just asking if anyone had success doing it with these drivers before I try.
2 = no, my msi z390-a pro motherboard will not allow win7 installation to continue at all even with ps2 keyboard connected, it asks for usb driver anyway

Hi All,
Greets,

@alexander86 :
From a kind senior : Extract Win 10 ISO, change Win 10 Install.wim with Win 7 Install.wim & proceed with the installation.

It is using Win 10 Boot.wim to install win 7. Win 10 Boot.wim certainly has all the basic drivers so it successfully installs win 7 but the final/real win 7 installation depends on the drivers integrated into win 7 Install.wim. So, the method will take to a successful win 7 installation without installed/working USB 3 ports if all other basic / chipset drivers are available.

@alexander86 :
From a kind senior : Extract Win 10 ISO, change Win 10 Install.wim with Win 7 Install.wim & proceed with the installation.

EDIT: see below post :slight_smile:

managed to get it to work after some trickery !