[Solution] Win7 drivers for USB 3.0/3.1 Controllers of new Intel chipset systems

UPDATE:

managed to get it to work!

not exactly sure why but this was what I had to do, installed a windows 7 ultimate sp1 iso all in one version with rufus to my 8gb usb key with ntfs/MBR format instead of GPT/UEFI,

then I set my bios to CSM/Legacy instead of UEFI, and the next time the windows 7 install asked for usb driver, I unchecked “hide drivers that are incompatible with my devices” (something like this) and selected the 32-bit usb 3.1 extensible driver from @canonkong , for some weird reason the 64bit ones wouldnt show up even though it is a 64bit version of win7, and it worked!

it loaded the drivers and setup for the first time did continue and successfully install ! :slight_smile:

however, after win7 was installed usb-mouse and usb-keyboard did not work immediately, but the usb key with win7 was recognized and I was able to browse to it with my ps2keyboard and run canonkongs exe-installer for the 64bit drivers (saved all drivers I needed including this in a folder on the usb)

and now everything works fine :slight_smile:

so happy now :smiley:

Only question now is, are there any chipset z390 drivers for windows7 available or should I just ignore the yellow exclamation marks in device manager? disk speeds and fps tests in games seem to be fine:

https://i.imgur.com/NJzFL44.png

https://i.imgur.com/ZXDXheT.png

also sound, graphics, network all work fine, it was scary to try to install everything with only ps2 keyboard connected on the first boot, but all went good :slight_smile:

thank you @canonkong for the drivers and thank you to @Fernando for this amazing forum, you are the best!

@alexander86 Other drivers can download >here<.

EDIT by Fernando: Link corrected

Also by the way, i’m afraid if I ever have to reinstall windows 7 for some reason I will probably, with my bad luck, run into problems or forget exactly how I managed to install it this time :smiley:

so I request from someone, if possible, a win7 ultimate sp1 english iso with the drivers from @canonkong integrated into the image for a smooth and easy install if possible, I have a license for both win7 and win10 so that is no problem but, if I ever have to reinstall windows 7 i’m scared that I will run into problems, and have to install win10 and then win7 again afterwards and so on,

so if anyone has the time or kindness to create a win7 sp1 ultimate English iso with these drivers integrated / slipstreamed with DISM or similar for an easy boot I would be forever grateful, cheers and have a nice day everyone !

PS i’m sure other users could benefit greatly from having this iso as a easy backup for reinstallation of windows7 on z390, etc. thanks again !

@canonkong
Thank you so much for your pipes. Millions of users are grateful.

MY HARDWARE ID IS

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&SUBSYS_085C1028&REV_10
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&SUBSYS_085C1028
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&CC_0C03
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&SUBSYS_085C1028&REV_10\3&11583659&0&A0

@sarath :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
I have moved your post into this already existing thread and hope, that you can find a solution for your problem here.
Good luck!
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I INTEGRATED THE DRIVERS TO WIN7 SP1 64 BIT BUT NO KEYBOARD AND MOUSE WORKING DURING STARTUP THIS IS DELL OPTIPLEX 3060 WITH NO LEGACY SUPPORT

MY HARDWARE ID IS

I CANNOT FIND THE SOLUTION ALL DRIVERS ARE INTEGRATED TO WIN7 SP1 64 BIT WITH UEFI SUPPORT NO LEGACY OPTION. BUT LEGACY OPTION IS FOR EXTERNAL DEVICE ONLY

PLEASE HELPME MY DEAR FRIEND

MY HARDWARE ID IS

@sarath :
How often do you want to repeat the HardwareIDs of your on-board Intel USB 3.1 Controller?
Do you expect any benefit by writing your posts completely in capital letters?

sorry my dear

Hello,
i got a asus rog Maximus XI hero z390 Board.

I tryed canonkong´s drivers, and the version of Fernando to place USB drivers into my Window 7 Ultimate Iso with NTlite.
The Intel 3.1 eXtensible-Hostcontroller 1.10 found drivers;
generic usb hub and USB-Root-Hub (xHCI) are still missing. all usb port´s not working. I cant pass the Windows 7 installation screen.

any solutions?
thank you

@pracc :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
AFAIK only WHQL certified storage and USB drivers can be successfully inserted into a Win7 ISO file.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

ok so, i need a ps2 keyboard/mouse and install the drivers regular in windows 7 with testsign ON, or a PCI-E USB card?

regards.

@pracc
You can use “Dism++” to make a install image.

I guess the reason why the 32 bit drivers have to be loaded (f6) during windows installation is that the windows installer is a 32 bit system, regardless of what it installs (32 or 64 bit windows).

Then if you install 64 bit windows, after first boot you will have to add the 64 bit drivers.

Hello! after a long night with a lots of tutorials i figured out how to use Dism Gui, Mount the Wim, put the drivers inside, forced signature… and its WORKING.

:-). I used your drivers from the Thread.

thank you!

Hello! after a long night with a lots of tutorials i figured out how to use Dism Gui, Mount the Wim, put the drivers inside, forced signature… and its WORKING.

:-). I used your drivers from the Thread.

thank you!

I can confirm this, I am currently working on my Windows 7 Service Pack 2.8-Series and I use the /forceunsigned switch for Fernando’s "modded Intel pure 64bit Intel USB 3.0+3.1 Drivers v5.0.4.43 re-mod+signed by Fernando"-Driver’s. I use this drivers becaue they don’t cause a BSOD on Intel’s C216 USB-chips unlike the ‘two’ original drivers from Intel’s website. I don’t know why there occurs a BSOD on C216 everytime to this day but it works for me so I got that going for me which is nice.

Hi, first of all thanks for all your work! Windows 7 needs to coexist with newer systems. I, for one, have a lot of settings and legacy plug-ins working in a Windows 7 SSD that runs flawlessly in an Asus Prime H370-Plus motherboard EXCEPT no USB.

My question is, can this be sideloaded or can I modify any Windows 7 partition file without reinstall entire OS? My scenario is:

SSD1 with Windows 10 perfectly running.
SSD2 with Windows 7 SP1 running without USB (no mouse/no keyboard - all other elements properly installed).
Recovery USB with Hirens Boot PE.

Can I use any of these to inject mod drivers into SSD2 Windows 7 OS (or modify existing file?)

EDIT: This would work? I’m no proficient with commands but would try: DISM inject offline

EDIT2: Solved. I’ve got a secondhand PS/2 keyboard and installed the drivers through Driver Update in Device Manager. Pointed it manually to the folder and installed with success!

canonkong, Fernando,

Thank you very, very much. The USB drivers worked for me on a Dell G5 laptop.
I’ve been working on this for weeks !

Your efforts raised my faith, now that I see contributors working together and succeeding against the malicious, orchestrated actions of Intel and Microsoft.

CUDOS to you guys !!!

Help bro !
I want add usb 3.1 driver to the iso windows 7 file
Please package install the iso driver file . cmd