[Solved] How to mod an ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS?

Hi, Sylar.

Does this bios have modified uncore part to perform like 1801???

Thanks in advance…

Here is the 2001 bios with all modules updated, MEI Firmware 9.1.37.1002, CPU Microcodes 37 and Uncore Mod to perform like the 1801 one.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By28-1Y…iew?usp=sharing

Ok thanks
What is changed in this modded 3008 ? Only SATA OROM/EFI and uncore Module ?

Possible to add the CPU microcode 37 for Haswell-E 06F2 in bios 2001 instead of 36 (until the next bios “stable” to R5E)
Anyone know what it changes ?

Thanks for your great work :slight_smile:
PS: What the Uncore module? I do not see it in the update modules of "UBU"

The 3008 modded bios has all modules updated (IRST, LAN, MEI) but not the uncore module and the cpu microcodes is the 36h version.

On the link provided before I’ve uploaded the 2001 with all modules updated, uncore mod and cpu microcodes updated to 37h.

Thanks so much for sharing
For a uncore module, it’s a an older bios?
Strange Asus is changed (or maybe it is their famous “Stability”)

Does anyone know where the CPU microcode 37 came from (other than UBU)? The latest I see in Intel’s downloads is still 36. I don’t really want to be testing beta microcode…

I tried this bios, but it does not boot (all defaults), black screen instead of loading Windows 10

Sylar76, the "R5E-2001 MOD" is your MOD or not (R5E-2001 MOD2 is with the microcode 37) ?
I can not find the post on the topic with the link to the bios

I tried this bios, but it does not boot (all defaults), black screen instead of loading Windows 10

Sylar76, the “R5E-2001 MOD” is your MOD or not (R5E-2001 MOD2 is with the microcode 37) ?
I can not find the post on the topic with the link to the bios

How did you flash it ?

Anyway, here is the 2001 modded with modules and microcodes updated :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By28-1Y…ew?pref=2&pli=1

First boot after flashing took some extra time (I guess memory related), but after that the bios works like a charm!!!

Thanks again, Sylar!!!

Try it again, Tistou!!!

With USB Flashback, I’ll re-test for be sure

Ok thanks
R5E-2001 MOD is with microcode 36
R5E-2011 MOD2 is with microcode 37

Found at some Intel Server BIOS from their official website. There is no problem with it.

Its good :slight_smile:
You know if with the latest Microcode, Intel has fixed the bug with the "Adaptive Mode" and Cache (Uncore) ?

I’m a bit confused. Removing the Realtek module seems straightforward enough, and I think we all agree that the board doesn’t have a Realtek chip on it. So why do you update the Realtek module to the latest version when you provide a modded BIOS rather than remove it?

I think that he is not really updating it manually through focused work, but rather via UBU’s automated process, which would result on having the Realtek module updated as well along with Intel’s.

Also, there is a new BIOS, which I would like to modify myself, can someone give us details as to how to properly remove the Realtek module?

I found a dozen via UEFITool’s search function but I am not so sure if I should just look them up like that and remove everything that refers to “LAN”, is that it?

Here is the 2101 without realtek module. I left CPU Microcodes to 2D for better overclocking capabilities.

R5E_2101_MOD_NOREALTEK.zip (6.26 MB)

UBU identifies the Realtek LAN Undi as guid 2EAA04AA-5EED-4C27-B9EE-26916EC25A8F. I just open the BIOS with UEFITool and search for that guid. It’s nested in a file whose text comment says RealTekLan so I’m pretty confident I’ve found the correct object. Then I right-click the file object and remove it.
Roy

After some digging I’ve managed to mod latest 3008 beta BIOS
Changes:
-Updated all microcodes to the latest versions(Retail versions of both Haswell-E and Broadwell-E are likely to work-I only have Haswell-E and it works fine with 37 microcode) But I have no access to microcodes of engineering samples of both Haswell-E and Broadwell-E(CPUIDs 0306f0 and 0306f1 for Haswell-E and 0406f0 for Broadwell-E) If anyone has access to them-please PM me.
-Updated 14.8.0 IRST OROM and EFI RAIDriver to the latest version (14.8.2), both 13.1 are left stock-looks like adding one more RAIDriver with an old version is for compatibility issues. My tests show that when loading pure UEFI system(without CSM and Legacy Driver support) 14.8.2 driver would be loaded, but when CSM is enabled with legacy disk drivers-13.1 driver loads every time. If anyone has additional thoughts or made any tests-please PM me! Anyway, OROM would load with 14.8.2 version, I never saw 13.1 to boot…
-Every other module seems to be of the latest version, including LAN OROM CL, EFI Gigabit UNDI and Realtek removed.

All this progress would be impossible without SoniX, who’s work is truly outstanding! So, we should all thank him =)

R5E.rar (7.52 MB)

new bios is ou RAMPAGE V EXTREME BIOS 3009. its waiting to be modded

RAMPAGE V EXTREME BIOS 3009
1. Updated iROG1 firmware to version 0515.
2. Improve system compatibility.
3. Support GPI’s SMI event.

It probably will be offered very soon, but within >this< thread.

Here we go, updated BDWe microcode to 1A version, HSWe microcode to 37 version, FIT corrected. Also one pair of IRST(EFI+OROM) updated to the latest 14.8.2 version, another one left untouched(possible reason is explained in my previous post. If anyone has any info on version differences in IRST modules-it would still be great to have it.
P.S. Proceed with extreme caution-haven’t checked this mod myself yet. Will test it later, tho…

@ all:
Since the problem “How to mod an ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS” has been solved and a new thread already exists, where modded BIOSes for the ASUS Rampage V mainboards are offered, I will close this thread.
Users, who want to offer an already modded ASUS Rampage V BIOS or want to ask for such BIOS, please use >this< thread.