[SOLVED] How to unlock BIOS options of rebranded TONGFANG chassis systems?

Thanks for your advice. Mobile Pascal TDP tweaker works on its vbios (it has not support my 1660Ti on LAPQC71A yet, but I know some one use it on 2070MQ on LAPQC71B model).
The problem is that even they changed TDP to 90w and defaults temperature limit to 87C in vbios and flashed it in, nvidia Inspector still shows a current temperature limit 74C with other value like (low: 74C, high 87C, default 87C ) after rebooting, ignore change of default values. They still need to adjust temperature limit manually. I flashed some vbios without 74 degree limit and got the same result.
I guess there may be some higher priority setting in EC, and the temperature limit in vbios is forced to be set at bootting.

@yezishu - Then probably EC FW controlled as you suspected. If you have flash programmer, and EC FW chip is same type as BIOS chip, you can dump it and try to find those values and change (values probably in hex, and may be in hex/little Endian (backwards))
So look for example 74C >> = 4A 00 or 00 4A, if not spaced out, it may just be a 4A somewhere and that would be tough to ID as correct one to edit unless immediately followed by high or default (87 = 57h)

@Lost_N_BIOS and @yezishu I also have a TongFang QC7 (rebranded as a Maingear Element 15). I’ve been successful dumping the firmware with chipsec, but I also cannot write the firmware back in software (FPT, Grub, RU) without getting a (error:0x000000000000001a). I was able to write my modified firmware image with a SPI programmer, but every time I boot the laptop and check for the modified UEFI vars they change back to the original value. I verify every time I program the chip and it matches, but after booting the image changes. I redump the image and the md5sums change. Is there another SPI flash chip on-board rewriting the Winbond or could some other chip be doing this? I have found another SPI flash on board, but it’s not a Winbond.

Dear @Lost_N_BIOS , could you please, help me assemble a full .bin dump for my GK5CN6Z to flash with ch341a programmer from my BIOS region FPT dumps?

I’ve uploaded FPT dump to mega here (unmodded one is just biosreg-OPLP2.bin): http s://mega. nz/folder/YU8hxA6D#L2UhJ9tM4PrTWqjJF1CAvA (sorry for the spaces before “s” and “nz” — I am somehow not allowed to post links).

Thank you a lot in advance!

@pitch007
Could you provide me with a dump of your bios since mine is corrupt, I would appreciate it immensely

@asimplebean - Anytime after you write to chip, then start system, after that if you dump it will never be same. Only write, verify, then dump, verify, save, then compare with what you wrote in a hex editor is how to manually confirm your write is OK
I doubt there is any auto-recovery, probably just a failed write (ie nothing is happening, only looks like it is). Please do #1-2 below, send me file from #1, tell me what error you get at #2, then wait for my reply (programmer is not needed for these systems, all can be done with FPT)

If you have already modified the BIOS in ANY way, you will need to re-flash it back to factory defaults using factory method (NOT FPT)!!!
Additionally, please remove all BIOS passwords, disable secure boot, and disable TPM or Encryption if you have enabled. Do this before moving on to below

If you do not have Intel ME drivers installed, install them now from your system driver download page, then start over here after reboot.
Check your BIOS’ main page and see if ME FW version is shown. If not then > DOWNLOAD HWINFO64 HERE <

Once HWINFO is open, look at the large window on the left side, expand motherboard, and find the ME area.
Inside that section is the ME Firmware version. Take note of the version. (ie. write it down or get a screenshot)

Once you have that, go to the thread linked below, and in the section “C.2” find and download the matching ME System Tools Package for your system.
(ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
> DOWNLOAD " ME System Tools " packages HERE <

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and then inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder (NOT x64).
Highlight that Win/Win32 folder, then hold shift and press right click. Choose “open command window here” (Not power shell! >> * See Registry file below *).

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

((If “open command window here” does not appear, look for the “Simple Registry Edit” below…))

Step #1

Now you should be at the command prompt.
You are going to BACKUP the factory un-modified firmware, so type the following command:
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin "

>> Attach the saved "biosreg.bin ", placed into a compressed ZIP/RAR file, to your next post!!! <<

Step #2

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error(s).
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin "
^^ This step is important! Don’t forget! ^^

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

Here is a SIMPLE REGISTRY EDIT that adds “Open command window here as Administrator” to the right click menu, instead of Power Shell
Double-click downloaded file to install. Reboot after install may be required
> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CMD PROMPT REGISTRY ENTRY <

If the windows method above does NOT work for you…
Then you may have to copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a Bootable USB disk and do the dump from DOS
( DOS command: " FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin " )

@acaN - What model system do you have, what brand? What BIOS version are you using?? I have not downloaded above linked package, please tell me what is there.
I need your current chip contents dumped with CH341A + stock BIOS package, or any previous FPT BIOS region dump (can be unlocked one, if you know it’s OK)
What is your BIOS chip ID, so I can tell you what software/version is best to dump and write with?

@Alis1204 - Dump your current chip contents and tell me what brand, model, and BIOS version you were using and I will fix BIOS for you.
Also, What is your BIOS chip ID, so I can tell you what software/version is best to dump and write with?

1 Like

Hello Lost_N_Bios, sorry to arrive very late to the party, but could you help me mod my bios, I have a OP-LP3 Bios N.1.0.8 (STOCK NOT MODDED) EC 1.07.09 SERIAL OP-LP3BK18J01191
I used to have the Bios Version 0.0.8 factory stock, but upgraded to N.1.0.8, but now I don’t have the Front RGB light working, also before my USB-C on the back used to deliver a bit amount of power that could power on my HP Elite USB-C Docking Station, and have everything connected there, including my keyboard and mouse, but now it would deliver zero power to it, thus making the keyboard and mouse connect and disconnect constantly, like if there was insufficient power delivered to it, and even if I plug in the ac adapter for the dock, it still doesn’t stay stable, disconnects the keyboard and mouse intermittently, it did not do that before. Now i have to plug them on the side of the laptop which is annoying, I have tied all types of drivers, so I’m thinking maybe it could be a Bios Problem.
Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi there, any ideas on an acer nitro 5 with an insyder 20 v5? attached uefi file fd

I will upload the link to you asap, it should be here down below.

https://mega.nz/file/w80SUZLQ#AKj3A6ybIe…HQ2bl6qSkDnkvQY

Here is the link to my bios, would you be so kind and mod it for me to fully unlock it, I would really appreciate it. thank you!

OverPowered OP-LP3 GK7CN6S Bios N 1.08.rom

Sorry for a duplicate question, the mod files in "OverPowered TONGFANG CyberPower Machrevo MACHENIKE - Unlocked BIOS Guide W/ Files" post are not available, the link is dead.

Does anyone have a copy of those files?

Alternatively if someone got a modified BIOS image for GK5CN6Z I think I can extract the relevant sections from there.

Thank you!

is there a way to lock the settings again?